SAU Community

Auto Trans Rebuild

gtrGhosTDoGG11

Chops (Calais) and 4Door_Sleeper (R33) have had theirs re-valved, and Nightcrawler (R34) is planning on it, for hi-po shifts.

Ask one of them about it and maybe get that done the same time as a rebuild. :(

Edit: Or graduate from slushbox school and get a 5spd conversion. :D

Edited by Oosh

Hey Ghostdog

When i had my Statesman i got my Auto re built at a place in Blackwood called MV Automatics think his name is Mick. He does drag cars and all sorts. Does a pretty good job for a reasonable price.

Couldn't agree more, Mike at MV Autos knows what he is talking about and is reasonably priced too.

Chops (Calais) and 4Door_Sleeper (R33) have had theirs re-valved, and Nightcrawler (R34) is planning on it, for hi-po shifts.

Ask one of them about it and maybe get that done the same time as a rebuild. :)

Edit: Or graduate from slushbox school and get a 5spd conversion. :D

MV Automatics certainly get a good rap from everyone I know who has been there.

Unfortunately Oosh was slightly mistaken, in that my shifts have been tweaked by electronically increasing line pressure, not by upgraded hardware. Full control of the factory PCM is a wonderful thing.

Edited by chops

MV Automatics certainly get a good rap from everyone I know who has been there.

Unfortunately Oosh was slightly mistaken, in that my shifts have been tweaked by electronically increasing line pressure, not by upgraded hardware.  Full control of the factory PCM is a wonderful thing.

Holdens have got electronics now? :D

In all seriousness I'm impressed you can do it so simply, are there any major downsides, i.e. do the lines and valving etc. stand up well to the increased pressure long-term?

Edit:GDogg, sorry for the OT, but i think you have your answer now. :)

Edited by Oosh

Cheers for the help fellas.

But its for a 1990 Ford Laser 1.8L

=(

Ill try MV and the one in town.

Cheers.

If it aint performance orientated then go to Rowel & Searle, and talk to Colin or Kelvin - Ive got my Commodore in there at the moment and they are certainly professonal.....

If you want a performance boost then I keep hearing MV Automatics is the way to go - I'll be going there for perfromance work to my Stagea RB25Det auto.

Brendan