SAU Community

Any Comment? Good Or Bad?

siaw

Hi all, my car somehow accidently make a 180 spin and after that, I realize a few diffrent from before. When the engine startup during cold weather, it start at 2k rpm, b4 that was 1k only. But it then slowly go down to 600-700rpm. Before it make the spin, max RPM during startup is 1k and normal running is 500 only. Not to mention, my Apexi turbo timer "DEAD", no information been display. My best guesses is the ECU somehow auto reset! Anyone have any comment on it? Is this good or bad?

Hi all, my car somehow accidently make a 180 spin and after that, I realize a few diffrent from before. When the engine startup during cold weather, it start at 2k rpm, b4 that was 1k only. But it then slowly go down to 600-700rpm. Before it make the spin, max RPM during startup is 1k and normal running is 500 only. Not to mention, my Apexi turbo timer "DEAD", no information been display. My best guesses is the ECU somehow auto reset! Anyone have any comment on it? Is this good or bad?

its Highly unlikly that the spin did anything to your car,

It is normal for your car to rev at higher rpm on the cold start aslong as the rpm drops once the car is warm up then you shouldnt worry about it. Normal idle rpm is around 600-800rpm

For your apexi turbo timer, im guessing that the spin may have knock it around and it is possable that the wiring was loses and the spin just knock it out of place, check all ur wiring and make sure everything is connect and grounded right.

Also there is an idle screw on your car, and if ur worried about ur idle just play around with it till u get it to what it was like

Hope that Helps

-Michael :D

I'ts my freaking lucky day! There wasnt any vehicle or anyshit on all 4 lane...it just spin out...ntg been hit...by the way, the engine die after the spin, took me 10 sec to start the damm engine!!!

did ur car die cuz ur didnt put ur foot on the clutch ? i have had a spin and the reason my car die was i had one foot on the brake and forgot about the clutch

What Mike said bout the idling is right, the revs will drop as the engine warms up. "Slowing" to 700 is alright. That's where mine sits at after warming up.

Also agree you probably stalled the car by not clutching in.

Your car would be fine, sounds like rattled wires on ur TT or something.

How did your 'car' accidently 180 itself....?

I have my foot on the clutch when the engine die on me...and I dint used handbrake! I just over-rev when coming out from a curve...then it start to shake its big bud...after tat....it learn how to make a 180 spin...

I just over-rev when coming out from a curve

=wheels start spinning and revs increase...

then it start to shake its big bud

=tankslapping...

it learn how to make a 180 spin...

=lost control of the tankslap...

Jeez its a tough crowd in here (some), the poor guy is obviously from os, and he gets slammed for not speaking english, his grammer isnt the best and he gets canned for that.

What ever happened to the friendly forums? :O

"my car somehow accidently make a 180 spin " siaw, just so you know next time, to write this using the correct aussie grammer, try this:

"I farked up coming out of a bend, put my foot in a bit too hard and the back end went out, after a bit of tank slapping, I lost it compeletly and she did a 180"

Its ok, I know I have farked up heaps driving my car, especially when I was a young fella - probably why P platers have such a high mortality rate :D Dont feel too bad about being honest when you fark up, we all do it, its one way to learn.

Glad to hear there was no accident, you did get lucky there.

siaw, suggest, (as others have) it has something to do with the TT, check all the wiring, if that doesnt work, also check your inlet piping, you may have a small leak near the manifold as some pipes on these cars can be a bit old and tired. Also, as suggested, you could try adjusting the idle control valve, but this is more a cover up than a fix.

If you live near willetton, drop me a pm and you can come around to my place and I will have a look for you to see if it is something obvious, or, if all else fails, just take it to a reputable workshop such as C-Red, Hyperdrive, X-Speed and ask them to take a look.

good luck