SAU Community

Intercooler Questions

d00dz

what craved says it totally correct, the furthur the wastgate and turbine gasses are seperated the less turbulence is created and it will benefit performance...

here's a pic, gtr again sorry :)

extention_fpipe.JPG

I've been told by an exhaust workshop that the difference between a single 3" dump pipe and the split dump pipe is minimal, roughly about 3kw gain (they could have told me otherwise just to make money out of me buying the split pipe)

I just dont see how couple hundred dollars extra could justify getting the split dump comparing to the gain from the single pipe (3" here). Of course if you could get a better deal from a workshop having the full system installed with the split dump then that might be alright.

My 2c

If you have not done turbo back exhaust yet, then I would do that before doing a FMIC.

I put on the justjap cooler.

Now pushing a solid 0.7 bar up to red line.

With the justjap intercooler did you notice a loud noise while on boost. I am worried that the noise is indicating a lack of flow. I am also a little nervous that i have done something wrong (ie connected the vacume line to the wrong place).

I'd say speak with BATMBL on these forums for all your dump, front pipe and CAT needs.

good price and quality.

the just jap non branded hybrid style intercooler kits are a bargain and will work perfectly on your R33.

I doubt very much that any $2000 intercooler kit from ARC or hks or what ever will give you ANY different outcome than the non branded kit.

for the $1000 you save on that, you could get a POWER FC to make full use of your car's new found breathing ability.