SAU Community

Best 1st Car?

D3RV

Hey guys I'm going to get my 1st car pretty soon. I'm in quite a "pickle" on what to get. Lets say I have 15K to spend... I'm leaning towards a near stock 180, Since its my first its gotta be, doing it up is the experience.

If anyone has any advice I would be greatfull, thanks alot.

-Derv :ph34r:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, im sure every one here says skyline :D

im from melb, wel country really, melb is 2 hours away!

i got an r33 lightly modified for cheap.

i was goign to go stock, and mod it, but i dont have the time (school) or the money.

i got the r33 coz it looked good and no one where im from had one.

you want looks or performance, old car or older? :D

get something no one else has

last but not least, still assuming your a youngy aswel.

think about insurance and the police. :D

cheers,

Dave

my first car is what i have right now. i love it. comes down to personal preference in the end and what you think you'd be comfortable in, theres no point in buying a "sports/performance" car if you dont fully know how to control it, i was around turbo cars etc etc from when i was like 10, so i got a basic unerstanding from a young age.

tell us more info on what you want more than most other things and you'll get alot more help, coz once its narrowed down its easier.

:rolleyes:.

datsun 120Y. Learn to drive before you get a perfornance vehicle.

words from a wise man, maintaining your first car is very expensive. if i could go back my first car would have been a ford laser tx3. my first car was a silvia and cost me shit load to maintain.

hehe i had a CRX For my first car.. was one of the wedge shaped ones.. it was a good fun car.. got it for 8k sold it 7 months later for 10k... not fast and didnt look overley ricey.. i then bought a R32 GTR... which is now sold due to the costs keeping it on the road.. personally just make sure u got cash leftover for insurance and it case the engine shits itself or something along those lines.. nothing worse then having a nice car but cant get it back on the road..

YEah,

My first car was a 1.2L 1971 corrolla. Cost me $1000, sold it for $800. Best value for first car. Inexspensive to run and cheap parts.

My r33 is my 6th car. Take ur time gettin up there, experience is everything.

Last thing u wanna do is get a nice car and right it off due to inexperience.

15k is too much for a first car. youll regret it. buy a cheapie and then drive it for a year and then get a nice skyline

not allways true

my first car was and still is my R33 gts-t .. paid $18k for it .. have had it 5 months.. was scarey handing over $18k of my hard earnt cash.. but i have not regretted it at all since

just depends how much you want it and how hard youve worked for it i spose

-Ruffels

15k is too much for a first car. youll regret it. buy a cheapie and then drive it for a year and then get a nice skyline

If he has the money and wants a car such as a skyline or an S13/14 then i see no reason for him not to get it...even as a first car.

Im sure hes already aware of the financial commitment that happens when you buy a turbo import and if he thinks hes up for it then good on him.

I dont see any problem with owning a turbo car first either, it all comes down to the drivers attitude. You could kill yourself just as easily in a cheap bunky, it just depends on how you drive it.