SAU Community

What Tyre To Buy :|

Heya, im just thinking if i should buy some second hand tyres for my line until i get some rims on it, still running stock alloys, or cheap ass 16's, $109 each. Which will prolly be shit in the wet, and lose traction too easily in the dry still. Got told the second tyres ill be getting are going to be just as bad :( or should i get retreads and not go abovie 110kmph ???

hmmm

Buy some crappy tyres and go driftin'

Then when you want more traction buy some 17" rims, put 235/45R17's on it and because there mostly cheap as chips you can go through them as you please.

Thats my 2 cents

Please don't buy bad tyres for a skyline, in fact if you buy retreads it should be confiscated :(

The best thing you can do for your car's performance is buy decent tyres. Best of all if you have 16" wheels you will save a fortune.

You can get great tyres for about 250-300 check the "which tyres have you used" thread for some options

Please don't buy bad tyres for a skyline, in fact if you buy retreads it should be confiscated :D

The best thing you can do for your car's performance is buy decent tyres.  Best of all if you have 16" wheels you will save a fortune. 

You can get great tyres for about 250-300 check the "which tyres have you used" thread for some options

agreed and seconded.

How long until you to the rim upgrade?

If its real soon there's not much point buying Michelin Pilot Sports, but if its going to be a while I'd rather drive on rubber I can trust than to "save" for some unspecified time and potentially put my car into a kerb / telegraph pole other vehicle / etc.