SAU Community

Possible Leaning Out? ~1 - 1.1 Bar On Stock Rb20t

maxwolfie

Hey, basically my car was (safe) tuned and dynoed on 14psi with the stock rb20det turbo... mods are as follows : 600x300x76 PWR FMIC, microtech ltx-8, custom plenium,bov etc..

Car is currently running at 12psi just to be REALLY safe but I can smell the fuel!! too rich!!

Now, would it be safe to run at 15/16psi, Say if I ran 1.1 bar, would that lean out?? I know it's kind of hard to tell, but would an extra 1 pound or so be detrimental??

I dont really give a crap if my exhaust wheel goes by by, excuse for a new turbo..

I'd much rather that happen than my engine leaning out and going bang

It's definately running rich though

Would  you really want to risk it for just 1 or 2 psi? Go get it checked out I say. And the fuel smell you're getting can be leaks in fuel lines or a faulty fuel regulator.

14psi certainly wouldnt be a risk, as it was tuned at 14psi, and safely as well..

so i'm asking if 1 or 1.1 bar would be silly

i'm sure 3-4 psi would make a noticable difference, and if the fuel is there, i might as well use it

I dont really give a crap if my exhaust wheel goes by by, excuse for a new turbo...

Go talk to GTRGeoff and RowdyR32, they've both had turbo's let go and shoot ceramic in to the ENGINE, you don't always end up with it just in you cat. Running ceramic turbine wheels to destructin is NOT a risk free exercise.

Also by 1 bar you're already past efficiency on a stock RB20 turbo, it's heating the air WAY too much to be a good idea, stick to ~12psi (spiking to 14psi odd) until you get a better turbo.

My 2c.

it's the exhaust gas temp kill the ceramic wheel, that's about tuning, it will make a different with good tune

i will say running 1 bar is fine as long as the tune is good.

run rich will make it cooler, which is good, keep it rich but throw in more timing ;)

lean it up will only cause yr turbo blow easier