Wanneroo Drift Comp

|JIMMAH|

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just read on driftwa forums, this event has scored CHANNEL 10 Coverage!!!

It's 5 hours before i get there, im excited and slightly nervous...yet im not even sliding! :)

But i get to leave work early!

See you all there.

Couldn't stay until the end because of work tomorrow, but there was a pretty good turnout for the Nissan drift-fest. Hopefully there will be more events like this, was pretty good. And hopefully next time I will have a camera to take pics. :lol:

Jimmah, you can drift dude!! Josh is the stock white 32 yours???

well done guys!! nice to see the R32s out and kickin it...

good to see some drift finally happening in WA and big ups to the organisers and all the competitors...

mmmm.... better get practisin for the next one... hahaha

Good turn out. I reckon the first round of the two Ceffie's going head to head in the semi finals was the best bit of the night. I was standing at turn one with a good view leading into the esses, and they were keeping pretty close to each other through there. Those Cefiro's went hard.

And did anyone else freeze their nuts off? I was soaked to the bone by the end of the night. Maybe I should have found some shelter when the rain came in? Totally worth it though.

Nah mate that was me in the heavily underpowered white R32 and the only one out there without a FMIC :) . Ah well I had a cracking time out there, went hard but kept running out of lock most of the time which then threw me into the sand on the inside of the corner alot of the times. Made qualifying but got eliminated in a fairly close battle with the blue S13, took them about 5 mins to get a result out of them so must have been close call.

Ah well not too bad considering it was only my second time out on the track after the first practice day.

Yeh the weather sucked :( Made the track less exciting too, those Ceffy's could have put on some really high speed stuff, and they sounded awesome with the gate.

But anyway it was good, I loved the comentator "He's just testing out his limiter, it's an important test to check that it's working" or something like that, I was pissing my self at that :)

Was you car the black 32 with the stock 'zorst Josh? Good to see ya having a go, went around a few times :)

Nah mate that was me in the heavily underpowered white R32 and the only one out there without a FMIC :) . Ah well I had a cracking time out there, went hard but kept running out of lock most of the time which then threw me into the sand on the inside of the corner alot of the times. Made qualifying but got eliminated in a fairly close battle with the blue S13, took them about 5 mins to get a result out of them so must have been close call.

Ah well not too bad considering it was only my second time out on the track after the first practice day.

Ah, I noticed when I looked into your engine bay in the break, I was like wtf, it's stock & he's caning the shit out of it! Nice strut brace though. :) Were you one of the cars that spun out 3 times in the one corner at the end of the straight??? A grey s13 did it, and there was one more but I can't remember which car it was. The third time was a 360 degree spin over the grass at the esses hahaha

I want to get my 33 out there next time, just need to get the tower bolts off to fit the strut brace before I get sideways too much. Already have the mechanical lsd & Kei Office suspension, so I'm most of the way there. I parked next to ROBZILLR (gtst), anyone from here???

hey guys awesome event!! loved every bit of it apart from the rain and FREEZING wind! :) but yeah awesome battles and awesome cars. WA may have only had their first 'official' event but we sure have some talent! Well done to steve and baz off here who competed! Saw steves bumper after one of the qualifying passes ... ouch! (u better be at the next mc round!) Only dampner was a fight that broke out during the half hour break.

Anyway great night and next time i will be out there competing for sure!