SAU Community

Signature Sizes

Maybe its just me, but are signature sizes out of control? I don't mind signatures when they are text or small images -- I also surf at 1600x1200 which helps make them less annoying -- but some of the ones appearing on SAU or just rediculously huge both in physical size and file size.

Not to pick on people, but this is a particularly bad example. Not only is it massive -- dwarfing his actual post and taking up half the screen -- but its 103kbytes too:

post-5796-1125625852.jpg

At 1024x768 it literally takes up the entire screen

post-5796-1125626086.jpg

When the same person posts multiple times in one thread you then end up with screens and screens of useless crap. Frankly it degrades the whole forum "experience" and utility.

Sooo.. how about a reasonable file size and dimensions limit for signatures?

Edit: Before someone jumps up and down and points out you can turn off signatures, that's not really the point frankly. I shouldn't have to turn them off just to get a reasonable browsing experience.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll freely admit mines a bit large, been meaning to resize it tell the truth, I don't mine OCAU's policy of banning pictures in sigs. They only slow things down.

Edit: Looks like admins agreed too, LOL, smaller sig now. :D

Edited by Oosh

What is it with the product banners?  Must be the same mentality as those that insist on having shopping lists on the side of their cars........

Definately, should have the URAS pic OR the other two, personally i don't mind "shopping lists" if the car is packing that brands gear.