SAU Community

Cant Enjoy A Decent Cruise Anymore

I swear to god I cant go out and have a nice decent drive without idiots wanting to race!! Its stupid you get guys in little corollas and little cars wanting to drag you and they get all excited when I dont even try because they think they win. Just shits me thats all. anyone else out there feel the same. The thing is my Skyline is like probably the only stock GTS-T R33 out there probs where im going wrong but I like keeping my car original not to many mods but im thinking of doing some simple mods to get some extra power atleast an exhaust so people see my car isnt so bone stock probs why they try to race me to begin with. I just thought i would share my annoyance and see what everyone else thinks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate excels, laners and gli civics who rkn they've got any chance at all.... dissapointing. also idiots who wanna have a go when not too far behind us is a coppa... idiots.... just hope i dont get caught up for "street racing" when it happens :D *touches wood*

Once I was driving along when a lancer pulled up beside me at the lights. I wasn't even putting my car on half throttle and the dude thought I was trying to drag him. What a buttwipe. :D

I was just cruising along peacefully while he was full revving out his engine trying to keep up. Loser. :lol:

gay thing is... If a cop was behind us he probably would've thought we WERE racing,and probably would've pulled me over instead!

there was some loser yesterday, what makes it even sadder is that he was showing off the f**k of it since i was in a 4wd :| A total riced up integra. Sitting at the lights, behind like 4 cars, hitting the rev limiter... sounding like a f*kked up blender. Wish i was in the skyline to show him how a real roar sounds like.

Edited by krzysiu

I hate when this happens, its like everyone has something to prove, so they can brag to their mates. gotta love the ones that come up behind you (while cruising along) & get the huge run up and blitz past as if they just owned you

hehe stupid lancers!

other night i was tailgated by a stock brand new lancer for a good 5 minutes, before i gave in and used the brakes :cheers:

he shat himself and backed off, soon after he overtook going hard , only to be nearly taken out by a taxi pulling out, then having to stop at the next lights, which i pulled up to 10 seconds after him :D

mmm must say this is true... im still on my L's which makes it even sadder when people try and drag off an L plater....

but majority of the time i hvae excels, lancers, mirages, you name it .. try and line me up ... i just think to myself that unless they have some crazy sleeper engine job under the bonet.. they have no chance.. so i smile to myself and then take off at aprox 1200 revs with 2k changers.... while thier tin'y little 4 banger screams its way past me lol

-Ruffels

ha ha the other day this old box model ford pulls up beside me at night at the lights im on my L's too and hes full on revving up his engine and getting ready to race me im like pffft! then he takes off i go after him a little bit to show wen hes infront of me thinking he won i wasng racing and then he was tring his hardest and i was changing under 3g and he was only just infront of me what a tool!

This stuff happens because they admire your car and want to see you show it off. I know I try to encourage a drag when I'm in my dad's commonwhore because I actually wanna see that car rip me!

I'm not too sure if those ricer lancers or excels think they stand a chance but I know for sure there must be others like me who enjoy watching a nice import (or any car for that matter) just fly past them. ^_^

Although I can see how you get annoyed, when I drive my Sil I prefer not to do stupid things either but sometimes people try and drag you. :cheers:

This happens to me too, but only seems to be in the evenings. I usually dont bother its not worth the fines and demerits.

I got a big scare when a stock looking magna pulled up against me, revved the engine and egged me on. I only beat him by half a car length because I didnt bother to launch. Turns out it was a VRX lol.

Yeh I dont mind the odd one or two but when it gets to the point when every single traffic lights some guy wants to drag is just nuts. And the whole admiring thing yeh it can be true in some aspects but some guys it there little 4 bangers actually think they can kick your ass and want to drag you for a challenge. like someone else says i dont drag. not into it to lose my licence i just love driving my skyline and giving it hard for my own pleasure not someone elses.

I think your driving around the wrong areas.

I get exactly the same thing if I go anywhere near town or its the adjoining roads, especially at dusk or night.

Here in SA Anzac highway is well know as being a hoon drag strip as it's a multilane road with many traffic lights.

Head for the hills or country roads. :cheers:

Ha Ha yes unfortunately its part of owning an import.

Its always amusing when at a shopping centre or similar in my daily I dont hear revving engines or burnouts. But if Im there in the skyline every commordore, lancer etc will circle me a few times like sharks so I notice them and then when leaving the complex let it rip just to show me " I go fast too" LOL.

I hate it when you rip them to the speed limit then the fly past you well over the speed limit...about 10 seconds later :lol: Then they think they owned you! I had a excel dude going crazy the other day, passed me at about 110 in a 60 zone then got caught at the lights leading into a 100 zone. I lined up behind him light goes green, I go out around him smashing him to 100 and then keep it at 100..much later he flys past with a triumphant look on his face..total looser I was thinking dude I was behind you then passed you then smashed you by 100 meters or more to 100 yet some how you feel satisfied. Thats when I learned that it doesnt matter what you do they will find some way of thinking that they won so ow I dont even bother.