SAU Community

Cant Enjoy A Decent Cruise Anymore

VN V8's arent quick. At all. I saw one at Calder Park, and it was going around the carpark revving, and he had his "burnout" steelies on the back, had one headlight out for "extra air", then he ran a 16.1 :D

Thats obviously a slow one, but even still, noise doesnt equal speed. Just look at the 400,000 lancers civics pulsars etc with 6" tips :(

Btw for the record, my VP V6 wagon with no mods except for some headwork by me with a dremel ran a 15.4. Wierd eh?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VN V8's arent quick. At all. I saw one at Calder Park, and it was going around the carpark revving, and he had his "burnout" steelies on the back, had one headlight out for "extra air", then he ran a 16.1 :D

Thats obviously a slow one, but even still, noise doesnt equal speed. Just look at the 400,000 lancers civics pulsars etc with 6" tips :(

Btw for the record, my VP V6 wagon with no mods except for some headwork by me with a dremel ran a 15.4. Wierd eh?

That's hilarious.

Haha "dremel." I had never heard of one of these until a few months ago, and I cannot beleive the incredible cult following this tool has! Complete with online owners club and everything. It seems dremel owners seek a job for the tool, rather than the more conventional seeking a tool for a job.

Oh, and nice job beating the V8 too. The old commodore six isn't as bad as a lot of people say it is. The low rev torque, particularly in supercharged ECOTEC form, can suprise some more powerful cars.

Whats wrong about this thread?...

There are SOOOo many skyline, silvia drivers out there too that are bigger hoons than holden drivers, except none seems to mention it and blame the commo drivers.

I have seen abosolute moron drivers, not sure who they are but just wana do burnouts, "drift" and race.

One guy in a skyline thort he was so cool he couldnt even shift gears and kept going up peoples ass's i really wanted to clock him one for being such a dick and not make us look so bad!

Next time ill surely let them know..

There are good an bad drivers, no matter what car they drive. I DO see a lot of tosser commodore owners, but i also see wankers in their lancers and skylines, hell i even saw some guy in a black supra in ballarat who thought it was the fastest thing on wheels. NA Manual.....

Calder Park seperates them all. No loser flybuys, everyones nice, andbest of all, no cops :D

There are good an bad drivers, no matter what car they drive. I DO see a lot of tosser commodore owners, but i also see wankers in their lancers and skylines, hell i even saw some guy in a black supra in ballarat who thought it was the fastest thing on wheels. NA Manual.....

Calder Park seperates them all. No loser flybuys, everyones nice, andbest of all, no cops :D

N/A manual supras are quick just for the record... would surprise many a r33 in the right hands.

There are SOOOo many skyline, silvia drivers out there too that are bigger hoons than holden drivers, except none seems to mention it and blame the commo drivers.

Here is my opinion of the % break down of hoons and dodgy drivers on our roads. If anyone else wants to do the same it might make an interesting comparison:

30% Tradesmen

Danger Rating: ****

The most forgotten about category is in my opinion the biggest. Peope who drive vans / utes / small trucks etc, particularly those that are white in colour, are by far the largest percentage of dodgy drivers I see on the roads. Typically male, their age greatly varies from as young as 20 up to 50 years of age. Tailgating, speeding, cutting off other drivers, talking on mobile phones while driving, nothing is beyond these people. Anything to get to the next job as quickly as possible. So why is it that they are always late?

20% Holden Commodore

Danger Rating: *****

Behind the tradesmen, we have the Commodore driver. Typically young males 18 to 25 years of age, these come in a large variety of subcategories, and their behavour varies accordingly. Examples of such subcategories are: Bogan Drivers (self explanatory), Cap Drivers (young males who wear caps while behind the wheel), Borrowing Mums/Dad's Car Drivers (often on P plates, they like to give the big 6 cylinder a workout coz it's so much faster than their excel at home), VL Driver (self explanatory), Business Man Late for Work and many others. Typical activities include burnouts, drag racing, speeding, and cornering too quickly.

10% Body Kitted Shopping Trolleys

Drivers of bodykitted shopping trolleys such as Lancers and Civics with the stereo up too loud. Typically young people 16 - 25 years of age, the gender split is approximately 30% female, 70% male. Big rims, wings and cut springs make the car the sweetest handling vehicle on the roads, and the neons and stereos use their radiation and sonic waves to improve the cars acceleration. Typical hoon activities include challenging far quicker cars to drags, speeding, weaving through traffic, creating noise pollution and badging/stickering their cars to be something else.

10% Young female hoons in econoboxes

Beware next time you see a cheap efficient 4 cyl vehicle driven by a young female. The majority of the time you will be safe from harm, but if you're unlucky they may be from this category and end up killing you. Typical activities include speeding, pulling out into traffic without looking, and getting distracted by phone conversations.

10% Four Wheel Drivers

Danger Rating: **

Come in two categories: The blind and oblivious are those that drive their 4WD without realising that it is not a car. Typically they are seen changing lanes into other smaller vehicles and driving faster than the prevailing conditions allow. The second type is the Might Is Right 4WD owner, that is completely aware that they are not driving a car and use it to their advantage, cutting off vehicle in traffic and generally exceeding the speed limit. Generally not as dangerous as other "hoons," more of a nuisance than anything. But beware if you are a 5 - 10 year old pedestrian in a school zone - you may just find yourself under 3 tonnes of SUV

8% Japanese Import Drivers

Danger Rating:*****

Drivers of imported vehicles, predominantly turbocharged. They share many similarities to the "Body Kitted Shopping Trolleys" category, but their vehicles are actually fast, and as a result they often end up doing some stupid shit and crashing their cars. Activities include drag racing, attempting to drift, speeding, and going around corners too quickly.

2% Ford Falcon Driver

Danger Rating: **

These make up a suprisingly small number, given the size of the Commodore

driver category. The activities of these drivers are similar to that of Commodore drivers, although generally seem less aggressive.

10% Just a bad driver

Danger Rating: ?????

The final category is for every other bad driver and hoon that does not fit into a category. These can leap out at any time driving any vehicle. Be on guard always!

Did I forget any? Note that I am not by any means saying All import Drivers are hoons, or All Falcon drivers are hoons, the percentages represent the % of hoons that drive those vehicles.

I think it comes down to the fact we know our cars are cool :P

as do ppl with porsches etc etc, thats why they never race...

funnily enough... in my last car :huh: cof cof turbo excel cof cof i always had something to prove :(

You never want to race ay? Then why am I constantly harassed by japanese cars? It is just beyond belief. There was a guy in an S2000 last year who I got into a bit of road rage with which ended up damaging his car while I drove off. That was an infuriating moment in my driving life.

Big Rizza,

hahahahahahahaha, thats funny cause it true!

you tend to notice that the higher the class of car or the bigger the power, the less they are likely to use it on the street. example, i know of a guy in canberra who's car puts out huge power (500+ Kw), but you'd never know unless you were at a track, cause he knows it'd put anything on its arse in about 10 secs flat! (1/4 mile time!)

Edited by Frink

:lol:

Im sick of driving these days, i like to go for a "spirited" drive through the national park by myself every now and then, but thats all. If i see a fellow line driver i always have a chat and usually a quick drag to the speed limit.

There has been too many occasions where the commonwhore driver has been up for a run, always the 6 cylinder ones too. i had one guy toy with me for almost an hour one day whilst driving from wollongong to sydney, it got to me finally just near the airport tunnel, we hit the tunnel at 70 km/h by the time i exited the tunnel i was doing 130/140 and he was far behind! Never saw him again..............

For the record the above was all just a dream/figment of my imagination (it never really happened) :P

I find drags enjoyable.

My most satisfying drag was a against an ET turbo. Driving home one night, I found myself lining up against one. The first 2 set of lights we lined up at, he didnt give it at all. As we lined up again the third time, thinking he was not going to try and drag against a newer car, I suddenly hear this massive burnout as it turned green, as the guy was giving it an absolute red hot go.

Without a launch myself, my car managed to still keep ahead, (as he span alot), and I assured a massive victory, by giving it heaps at the top end.

Most satisfying about it is how its a kind of changing of the guard, from old nissan (ET turdo) to newer (nissan skyline r32).

Bend over to skyline.

My most satisfying play was a dude in his 280kw VY Senator.

He was an older bloke also, dropping back twice and flying ahead of me.

Next set of lights was a roll on from around 40km/h.. :huh:

He got the jump due to lag in second, up on boost and the little old dead stock looking R32 began slowly walking away from the Senator, at the time it was only making around 160kw running 1bar. :P

All in good fun, there was no stupid high speeds, only up to the 100km/h speed limit.