SAU Community

Cant Enjoy A Decent Cruise Anymore

Big Rizza: Cool post, pretty accurate.. agree with your descriptions and percentages, however I dont agree with your danger ratings, if it was me i'd change them around :D

For example I think that crazy 4wd owners are far more dangerous than guys who drive imports. (I find usually import drivers have sunk so much money into mods and insurance they are too afraid to actually strap the shit out of their car, or at least do so in a dangerous fashion)

Good post though!

Edited by pentae

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah this is true pentae as usually 4x4 owners have a bit of money...and like my dad drive quite quikly...and my step mum...and me oh i mean i drive an import...but seriously if everyone does the speed limit we;ll all get on fine lol...

Big Rizza: Cool post, pretty accurate.. agree with your descriptions and percentages, however I dont agree with your danger ratings, if it was me i'd change them around :D

For example I think that crazy 4wd owners are far more dangerous than guys who drive imports. (I find usually import drivers have sunk so much money into mods and insurance they are too afraid to actually strap the shit out of their car, or at least do so in a dangerous fashion)

Good post though!

Yeah maybe I should have put more danger for 4WDs... How about this:

Danger to themselves: ** (as before)

Danger to other cars: ****

Danger to Pedestrians: *****!

Cheers for the feedback though. Anyone have any suggestions for categories I may have overlooked? (not trying to steal the thread...)

just thought i would share my annoyance and see what everyone else thinks

The major problem is that people get annoyed over it, and they care what everyone else thinks.

If some little snot in their shopping trolley wants to go you, let them go. Get over it. Why do you care what they do, as long as it doesn't (physically) impact on you?

I pretty much never get lined up by Lancers, Excels and the rest at a set of lights. The last time some random person gave me "the look" and decided to demonstrate how monumentously large their wang was by wheelspinning across an intersection, it was a pair of dimwits in an R34 GT-t and an R33 GTS-t. I'll let you make an educated guess as to if they were P platers....

The time before that.....some losers in a WRX and Silvias.

Both times, I just let them go and thought nothing of it by the time they reached the horizon. I figure Skylines, WRXs and Silvias historically seem to be telegraph pole magnets anway, so hopefully everything will work itself out.

30% Tradesmen

Danger Rating: ****

Anything to get to the next job as quickly as possible.  So why is it that they are always late?

Its because they're incompetent, shiftless bastards who need double the amount of time to do a job as a person who's got 3 working braincells.

Yeh true point takin scathing.I dont take much notice of it until I get the 5th person in the space of a 20 minutes drive being a complete tool. At the end of it some annoyance kicks in. The other night I had a complete nutter in a honda accord right up my ass, id would change lanes he would too. I would take off and leave him behind great a red light same thing up my ass again.

Yeah, I can see how that would make you feel like a target.

If I had people almost crash into me trying to gee me up to street race them, and it happened all the f**king time, I'd probably get jack of it too.

Maybe SAU should go make some "If you want to race, meet me at WSID" bumper stickers up, or something.

Its been said a couple times and i agree with it, most of the times when excel/lancer etc drivers try to geee you up is not to actually race you, but they want to see how a higher powered car goes. Most skylines out there are modded so they enjoy seeing what they may be able to buy one day. I know i get alot of people trying to gee me up, i dont normally run a car unless i think there is some sort of competition, but every now and again i give it a bit of a squirt and find that these types of people normally give me the thumbs up once ive slowed down.

...i'll just add my whinge about 4WD owners. Some of them are anti-hoons. Drive slow as hell, especially off the lights (main culprits are FJ60 series landcruisers i've found, not just cos they're tractors anyway), yet always will change lanes to grab the far left side free lane at the lights, that ends 50m down the road, proceed to slow the rest of the traffic behind them to their tortoise like speed whilst they cut back in line.

...all the time pouring diesel/oil smoke all over my nicley polised white duco, and killing penguins with their emissions :)

I know what you mean, i dont get many people doing it to me, so its ok, and i usually laugh at the little shitboxes that do, and when i see a nice performance car, no matter how old it is, import or not, i give a thumbs up, drive off casually, i really tend to not race on the streets, as its dangerous and stupid.

Anyways, coming home from my gf's the other nite, on a rd that has tram tracks, anyways, i am in the left lane at lites, and there is an old box camry next to me with p-plates. I dirve off slowly then all of a sudden he comes screaming past me, chirps into 2nd, u can tell he was trying. Then later on again, i go in left lane. wld of cained him hard, as i hard to merge right because of parked cars, but hmmm, no stupid antics this time (prolly knowing he wld get smashed) So then further down i have to turn rite, he ends up in the left lane, i turn off slowly, he decides to dump clutch and do a burnout off the lites, like wtf.

Did I forget any? 

Edit ** Really an addition to the 4x4 Section **

Soccer Mums......in big 4x4's or wagons

i was on the road the other day and had a big 4x4 driven by a mum with all her kids in the back....reving her X5 to the max. I was in shock that a mum would do that with all her kids in the car....

And a few months ago i was on springvale road and had another soccor mum in a 4x4 whiz past me doing at least 100 in a 70 zone. You gota watch out for them...

Edited by melbmaniac

The only 4WD drivers that try and drag me at a set of lights are the softcoks in BMW SUVs. They somehow think that because BMW make great affordable European sports cars, that their overweight, soft roading pieces of crap have managed to magically inherit the legacy handed down by the 3 Series, 2002's and M cars of old.

I had a guy in an X3 diesel repeatedly try to go me heading down the Pacific Highway through the North Shore once.

Aside from them, no-one bothers. The Jap 4WDs tend to just move slowly and build pace until they're exceeding the speed limit, and the Cayenne Turbo drivers know that they'll chop me so they don't bother either.

Never had anyone want to drag me off the lights. Once a wigga looking kid walked up to my car at the lights and asked me if i had any weed to sell. lol

LOL

I got "smoked" by a astra turbo last night.. I think I did anyway, I just noticed it fly past me with the P plates on. I caught up to it at the next lights and passed him at 20kmh because no matter how much a P plater can put their foot down - they don't know squat about picking lanes.

They should enrol to the cc school of lane picking when they get their P's, so atleast when they crash they can do it in a moving lane.

LOL

I got "smoked" by a astra turbo last night.. I think I did anyway, I just noticed it fly past me with the P plates on. I caught up to it at the next lights and passed him at 20kmh because no matter how much a P plater can put their foot down - they don't know squat about picking lanes.

They should enrol to the cc school of lane picking when they get their P's, so atleast when they crash they can do it in a moving lane.

go easy mate, im on my p's, and in a stock 4cyl NA auto TX5, i pass hi-po cars all the time because of my exceptional lane choosin ability. B)

go easy mate, im on my p's, and in a stock 4cyl NA auto TX5, i pass hi-po cars all the time because of my exceptional lane choosin ability. B)

Yeah sorry I don't mean to generalise, when I was on my P's I used to lane pick on people everywhere..

The only reason I do generalise is that the last 5-10 times I've been buzzed by, it's a p plater that gets stuck at the next lights or gets stuck from people turning off just cos they dono how to pick ;)

There's something satisfying about passing some gronk who speeds, lane changes every 2 minutes, and looks like they're about to burst a vein when you've been in the same lane all along and are about 5km (15minutes) up the road.

Yeah sorry I don't mean to generalise, when I was on my P's I used to lane pick on people everywhere..

The only reason I do generalise is that the last 5-10 times I've been buzzed by, it's a p plater that gets stuck at the next lights or gets stuck from people turning off just cos they dono how to pick ;)

There's something satisfying about passing some gronk who speeds, lane changes every 2 minutes, and looks like they're about to burst a vein when you've been in the same lane all along and are about 5km (15minutes) up the road.

lol nothings better than when they boot it at the lights and get stuck at the next set up the road, but not only that, they get there and sit behind a queue of 10 cars, and u slowly pass them to stop at the light, behind about 3 cars. lol

The only 4WD drivers that try and drag me at a set of lights are the softcoks in BMW SUVs. They somehow think that because BMW make great affordable European sports cars, that their overweight, soft roading pieces of crap have managed to magically inherit the legacy handed down by the 3 Series, 2002's and M cars of old.

I may hate all SUVs, but the BMW is definitely the most sporty on the market - even more so than the Porsche, and probably more so than you would maybe think IMO. That's why some X5 drivers think they are driving a Lotus Elise. And compared to the Landcruisers and stuff they may have owned before hand it probably feels like a Lotus Elise.

Having said that, you are right in that it is still not as sporty as a bottom of the line BMW 116i hatch, which costs about 1/3 of a top of the line X5. Compare it to the 130i or 330i and it's a joke.

See attachment for very short (9 seconds, 135 kb) of an X5 on a race track. It made me laugh - would take some serious balls to do that.

Soccer_Mum.wmv