SAU Community

Girlfriends And Your Car

rsx84

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to go is to have a 'balance' in your life. A supportive partner is a great thing to have in your life but, at the same time it helps you curb what is a fatal addiction by giving you a healthy alternative focus for your thoughts and attention.

My wife was deadset against spending 18k on a Stagea - I flew up to QLD from SA 6 weeks ago to do the deal and the wife was spitting chips at me (for buying it, and not for taking her up there, although I was in Brisbane for less than 6hours!). ;)

Now we've got the Stagea RB25DET 4wd and had it nicely tuned with 141kw at the 4wheels, I cant keep her out of it. Its the 6th one in Adelaide, and she loves the looks and queries she gets when she's driving it. Plus its great for the little tackers as well.

Might have to sell her Daewoo Nubira (2yrs old 10000kms) as she doesnt use it anymore; its the Stagea or nothing!!!!

But at least she understands the performance bug - Ive spent over 9grand now modifying my CBR900RR Fireblade, and she hasnt complained as yet.

Brendan :lol:

well we both have our dream his (78 SS tori) and hers (89 GTS4) "babies"...lol

but they are interchangeable depending on one's mood :)

we have been house hunting for months now! trying to find a unit with suitably secure accom for 2 cars... The 'they're just cars' comments drive us nuts!

It's cool reading about other chics that drive GTR's!! I have an R32 GTR. My dad used to race in open circuit classes back in the 70's, my brother raced karts for 8 years or something and was always up the top regardless of if it was state or national competition, so I think racing is in my blood! I can't wait to get to the drags and sprints and track etc.

I started watching performance vids with my brother when I was about 15...I'm 21 now and think that imports will always have a special place in my heart and my garage hehe ;) Mine got licensed at the end of March, i'm slowly doing him up, hoping to be able to hit the track in about 2 years. It's my daily driver though so for the near future it has to be sensible lol.

My family all think it's cool, and my dad never fails to mention at every opportunity that his little girl drives a GTR. So yeah I understand the car fetish :D

• 3 weeks later...

my girl has loved my cars... she knows im into them like nothing else......

she washes my car, helps me work on it and loves driving around in it.....

she has a very increased respect for her car and is proud of showing me when she washes and polishes it.....

She occasionally thinks my car is a bit too fast and that sometimes i spend too much money and time on it....

But i didnt hear any complaints when i let her drive it :(

I don't have A FRIEND that understand me when I talk about cars....they just tell me to shut up :(

all the girls love my car too :(, but they guys have just said thing like "aww yeah, nice".........they're just jealous :(

any other skyline GTR owners that don't have a GF?? :(

The misses loves my car... she caught the import bug bigtime, and traded in her festiva for a SC400 v8 lexus.... lol, it makes me giggle when I think about it. She dearly loves her car, my car, and me... woot!

she used to complain.. but i havent heard anything lately since ive been letting her drive it.. and she *loves* attention.. so im sure when people look at her/the car shes enjoying it all..

Hmmmm, Not quite sure what the girl thinks about my love affair with my GTR, she doesn't seem to say much about it. Guess that means she cant have to much of a problem with it. The only thing she cant seem to work out or understand is how i can justify spending all my hard earned on a "car". But then again, a cars a means to get from a to b for her.

at the moment i'm driving an imaculate 280ZX, looks brand spankin new... the missus knows I love my car and she's very careful about how she treats it. She understands my passion, plus she loves the ride :)

my missus moans constantly about me wanting to spend money on the gtr. she loves to drive it though and drives it harder than me ( mainly because she gets away with it when pulled over).

she is always on about upgrading the stereo though and since i took it to drag combat she wants her own import to either drag or drift.

still moans about me wanting to spend though and because of that i get annoyed with the car needing constant work. so really she is slowly ruining it for me