SAU Community

5 Cylinder Gtr Wins Autosalon Dyno Comp

Guest DIRTgarage

Guest DIRTgarage

Stacey's R32 GTR won this weekends dyno comp at Autosalon.

Her GTR was run in the qualifiers on Saturday and had a severe misfire due to a broken spark plug insulator (the white ceramic bit) on no.2 cylinder, but still managed a figure of 407 AWKW. We changed the plugs Sunday morning had her all iced up, and put some race fuel in her, keen to break 500 AWKW. But to no avail......as the last car to run before the finals was finishing its run, a power surge through the building destroyed the electronics on the dyno.....As the power figure in the qualifiers was the highest...by 43 kw....she took 6/5 cylinder class as well as highest outright power. The "tough as nails" trophy was also earned, as top judged toughest car at the show.

Edited by DIRTgarage

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DIRTgarage
"Ask any real racer, It doesnt matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning." :lol:

Nice work

Yeah but its almost winning by default.....A VL there was running low boost in the qualifiers and made 366 RWKW....he missed his chance to have a shot at us......he's probably thinking he should have won......but we had a lot more power in reserve.......we also missed our opportunity to show what the car was really capable of. Thats the reason we entered the dyno comp.....not to win trophy's....thats just a bonus if you get to take something home.

Guest two.06l

Thanks everyone. I am happy. We always strive to have TWOOGLE running at its best, so we just felt like kickin ourselves when we realised the plug was broken......when all along a had a nice set of race plugs very handy in my handbag.......Trust a girl to come prepared, but forget what she has at the bottom of her (bottomless pit) handbag!!! :)

Guest DIRTgarage
Thanks everyone. I am happy. We always strive to have TWOOGLE running at its best, so we just felt like kickin ourselves when we realised the plug was broken......when all along a had a nice set of race plugs very handy in my handbag.......Trust a girl to come prepared, but forget what she has at the bottom of her (bottomless pit) handbag!!!  :P

If only i knew.......what a gal.....race plugs in your handbag......thats the makings of a perfect woman......and the sort of qualities i would look for.....ahh well we'll get em next time Stace!