SAU Community

Hicas Lock, Bushes And Suspension Melbourne

I am looking at getting new Bilstein or Koni suspension fitted to my r33 and thought i may as well get a HICAS lock bar and new bushes fitted at the same time.

Since i live in a country town about an hour out of Melbourne and don’t really trust any of the local mechanics my question is where in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne is the best place to have this done. Also where is the cheapest place to buy the parts?

Talk to Andrew at Traction Tyres in Rowville.

I would recommend the Bilsteins over the Konis. You can purchase them directly from Quadrant Suspensions in Berwick. I would suggest getting matched springs at the same time.

depends what you define as too hard. compared to some of the japanese brand coilovers, bilsteins are softer.

in general japanese coilovers are much too hard for australian roads. But i guess you need to weigh up comfort factor vs performance

i don't think bilstens are height adjustable though, and I think they will only lower it 20-30mm - though from what i've been told, any lower on a skyline and you start to mess up wheel alignment.

Edited by MerlinTheHapyPig