SAU Community

Sony Psp

nghiagero

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah you're into what i call shit nintendo games lol

but yeah, ive got a few on emulator, but sony is just way more into the real shit....you can only play mario kart for so long :D

LOL. Seriously though, I'm not obsessed with Nintendo games. EA Sports titles do nothing for more, nor do the endless incarnations of the same racing/sports titles. That's all.

apparently (heard from a work collegue) that they are actually planning on releasing a detachable camera for the psp

That would be interesting but for that to work the camera component would probably need to have some sort of power supply as the usb port on the PSP is a slave and cannot provide power to other devices off it. The camera component would be a little large in this case i'd be guessing.

mmmm i really i dont know the details i just heard it, it may even just be a rumour, but if it is true im thinking the camera will be like the ones nokia released for there first colour screen phones, kinda budget, i wouldnt get anything under 1MP,

and lwells, your right about the EA games they do nothing for me either, yawn-orama if you ask me, nintendo just having unlocked the full potential of the ds yet, apparently you can go on MSN messanger (saw it on one of those tv quiz adds) im more of an anime person myself so ill probably spend most of my time importing games from japan like naruto, inuyasha and bleech. BTW does anyone know if you can actually create an image of a ps2 game and transport it onto UMD? ive heard rumours in other forums just checking if anyone here knows of it...?

Im interested in gettin a psp but im not too sure what all this firmware

>shit is all about?

>

>Apparently the new firmware software will not allow roms to be played?

>

>Can you help and maybe gimme a suggestion as to which one i should be

>getting as i would like to be able to play sega roms if there are any!

Also is it true that if you do not uprgrade your firmware you will not be able to play future released titles for the psp?

Sony are shifty pricks!

I only want roms and maybe a few psp titles..

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

• 2 weeks later...
My PSP Wallpaper....

veryclearscreen2bq.jpg

thats sexy!!! i just my psp today and am playing around with it now. also anyone know how to convert videos into mpeg 4 or any programs that are free out there that does so? so excited with this but its crap not having a game to play. i just purchased a game called "bleach 2" off ebay, waiting for it now and for the guys that dont know its a game from a japanese anime/manga series. highly reccomend the anime and if anyone wants it gimme a pm B).

oh n who has emulators that work for firmware 2?

use psp video 9 to convert video's to MPEG4

first tho format the memory stick as that creats all relevant folders (MUSIC, GAME etc..)

the vides must be in the root directory (next to the PSP folder) in a folder called MP_ROOT and sub directory 100MNV01

PSP Video 9 will create the MP_ROOT folder anyway

also try these sites

http://psp.connect.com/main.html

http://forums.qj.net/

http://www.pspcrazy.com/

Well as some of you may know, an exploit was found in firmware version 2.0 in the last few days. This has opened the door for coders to create homebrew that may work on 2.0.

Former WAB team members have just today released a 'working' firmware downgrader that will take a PSP running version 2.0 firmware and downgrade it to 1.5, thus allowing homebrew apps to run on the PSP.

http://www.sonyxteam.com/

I'm not going to try this just yet, i'll give it a few days to blow over and see if anyone has any major problems with it. I'd rather have homebrew working on version 2.0 firmware, but if that's still a way off i'll be happy with this.

NOTE: I'm not responsible for any damages occurred by this downgrader, I am merely just letting people know who may be interested. As I said, I'm waiting to see how people go with the firmware downgrader first for a few days before I even try this.

Nice background on the PSP nghiagero! :huh:

Edited by PhantomS14

They're not released yet in AUS, but a few peeps have imported them.

Ran the firmware downgrade over the weekend. Worked beautifully. A proper release was created which has a less than 1% chance of bricking your PSP so it's fairly safe. Homebrew to your hearts content after doing this!

PSP Rocks... I dont know why you'd hold off for bugs!? I got a 1.5 & it works perfect, got the better Jap screen than the Aust release... if anything they've downgraded the quality of parts to reduce production costs, at least i know they've done that with the screen. I’m looking forward to cheaper 4GB memory sticks.