SAU Community

Apprentices

Butler

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford Fleet is nowhere hehe

Yeah mechies wages suck - Ive worked in the car industry long enough to know that .... but what most mechies do is go through the ranks to become service advisors pay still not brillant but hey our service advisors get company cars and eventually onto running workshop/service/ parts managers.

There's always opportunities out there to make more money in your chosen field. :D

Haha nice another MITA apprentice. What year are you in? I'm in my second year atm going onto third year soon and work for NuFord which is about 100m from Northside Nissan. They are actually moving next door to us to join the masses of AHG delearships along Waneroo Road.

Yup AHG is taking over the world ...... buy your shares in time :lol:

MR HOLMES!! That f**king bald c**t! I hate that f**ker! I'd forgetten all about him... thanks  :) So he's still hanging around yeh?

What about that dude with the big beard? The stores guy... He went off at me for wearing shorts... Said "Are you going to the beach or something?"

lmao

yeh both are still there

Holmes just went out of our room, then a mate was saying some shit about him....but he didn't close the door, and heard him, came back into the class and gave him a talking to :D hahah

Yeh - he would say "You should respect me and blah blah blah, Im older and balder and know more than you" shutup :unsure:

Has that dude with the big beard told you his story about driving prostitutes around? He said he takes them to jobs and shit and told us that "if one of them were in trouble, you wouldn't want to be driving in front of him"... And that when people don't pay he takes them down the ATM by force and takes their money <_< and also takes shit from their house... :(

Who's the guy who flys planes... I can't remember his name... He has a beard (Then again most of the teachers there do) i know he drives the VW golf... He still there?

Mechanic eh - even some of the best of them only get $35k/year (I hear) Go get a professional sklilled job :(

people taht are outside the industy are sooooo naive.

an automotive mechanice is a very proffesional, skilled job. We have to know a lot of stuff, from physics side of things, right through to binary code, and priority messaging systems. Just because Bob down at the local servo is a yobbo, doesnt mean there aren't proffesionals in the business.

And yes, for the amount of knowledge we have to carry around, the pay is absolute crap.

sorry if that came off a bit harsh, i just get sick of hearing about how un-proffessional mechanics are

Totally agree CrazyMan

Yeh - he would say "You should respect me and blah blah blah, Im older and balder and know more than you" shutup  :(

Has that dude with the big beard told you his story about driving prostitutes around? He said he takes them to jobs and shit and told us that "if one of them were in trouble, you wouldn't want to be driving in front of him"... And that when people don't pay he takes them down the ATM by force and takes their money  <_<  and also takes shit from their house... ;)

Who's the guy who flys planes... I can't  remember his name... He has a beard (Then again most of the teachers there do) i know he drives the VW golf... He still there?

Dunno who the plane guy is, havn't seen a golf

Can't say I've heard the Hooker story, he once was going on about being in 'Nam though. He's all tough, and then it's funny when you see him cleaning the toilets ;)

Holmes last week made me and a few other guys do the tests (on paper, not ocmputer) for subjects (sorry, 'competencies' ;)) that we hadn't even started studying yet. When we where doing them the teacher that was looking after us (not our normal teacher) just told us the answers, and basically said we where doing the tests because of $$$, us being ahead (we weren't even behind before) made Holmes look like top shit and gets more Government money/employers sending apprentices there.....dodgy. Going totally against how he always saysthat we need to have all the 'underpinning knowledge' before doing the prac or test

/rant :)

Yeh holmes is a complete cockspank...

Mandy! Now I remember his name, its mandy! Its funny when he would tell us to do shit no-one would do it and laugh at him.

And the lovable competencies... Most of competencies would involve more or less going through the same shit we did in the last one... I was glad the day I finished there.. :D

Edited by Josh

Luckily for me I'm in the Ford building so I don't have to put up with (much) all the MITA assholes. Seriously I believe the apprentices have more brains than the staff there. The only person I respect from MITA is Mr. Bishop as he is now looking after us in the Ford building and he knows an absolute shitload.

Bottom line - MITA=shithole

go get a skilled job not like those trades WTF

i hate shite like that trades are highly skilled ( and underpaid)

we all spend four years just to get the basics

just cause we get dirty does not mean we arnt skilled

hehe i go through mita too but luckily enough i don't have to deal with any of em

i'm doing a heavy diesel apprenticeship so hopefully have better money in the end.

worst mistake i made going through mita all the guys i talk to at tafe are gettin about 50% more pay then anyone going through mita!