SAU Community

Petrol Prices = Off Boost?

JeeTeeEss25Tee

I drive like I normally do - the difference of $3 per 100km isn't going to kill me.

I'd be very interested to know how much of a difference a SAFC makes to fuel economy though. Has anyone done a before and after test? I currently get 400km to 45-48L pretty much every tank.

Edited by TommO

close my eyes when filling up... that simple. my daily takes over 80L diesel to fill up.... good thing i only have to do it once a month.... since fuel prices have gone up, i let the glow plugs warm up properly so it doesnt use too much fuel when starting.

theres no use complaining, everyone needs fuel...

cheers

Linton

if your gonna buy or drive a turbo car you have to know its not cheap., people dont realise that petrol is still very cheap compared to europe where i was paying over a euro per lire which was about 2 bucks a year ago, when the prices here come to about 2 dollars a litre youll see what expensive is, but so you all know it will get to that price very soon

if your gonna buy or drive a turbo car you have to know its not cheap., people dont realise that petrol is still very cheap compared to europe where i was paying over a euro per lire which was about 2 bucks a year ago, when the prices here come to about 2 dollars a litre youll see what expensive is, but so you all know it will get to that price very soon

don't forget that the living standard overthere is higher than in Aust as well as their incomes. I'm not whinging about the high petrol prices coz that don't change anything, just thinking of some ways to save petrol without having to sell the car :( But if the price gonna rise to some ridiculous level I guess there would be no option and might have to sell the line at a massive loss :D

Also don't forget that until not too long ago we were paying more for a litre of milk than we were for a litre of petrol - even the 98RON stuff was cheaper...

When it hits the highs of Europe then we will really have to worry about it!

No wonder they all prefer diesels there, and no wonder diesel technology has come such a long way in such a short time.

Apparently, fuelling up a diesel is reportedly still a messy and smelly affair, from what I've heard and read - is that the case?

Apparently, fuelling up a diesel is reportedly still a messy and smelly affair, from what I've heard and read - is that the case?

It's dirty and smelly because diesel is dirty and smelly and so are the truck drivers who used your bowser before you do in your BMW X5 diesel (I'm kidding!)

Just use those gloves that the good servos provide.

T.

It's dirty and smelly because diesel is dirty and smelly and so are the truck drivers who used your bowser before you do in your BMW X5 diesel (I'm kidding!)

Just use those gloves that the good servos provide.

T.

I've never seen a servo provide gloves for diesel... and my family has two diesel cars.

you guys got it all wrong, diesel fuel smell is the same as unleaded, its the way the diesel engines burn the fuel that smells, but with new direct injection technology the smell of diesel cars has dissipated my more the 80percent, and as for the living standads being beter in europe and the income is higher, i think you got it all wrong jeetee, the average australian income is higher then the average europe income, people living on 1000euro salarys, yes 1000 euros a month, still have to buy petrol like everyone else at the same price, and everything else is the equivilant like here. so who do you think is beter off, we here with out average 3000-4000 saleries or them over there with high petrol and living expences with low monthly incomes...

i checked how much there base fuel price cost and how much is tax ontop of that, and there base fuel price was well below ours, but they just had a huge ass amount of tax on it though.

got the stats off the Shell site. there 1 year old though.