SAU Community

Lpg Conversion

psybic

I am almost positive this question has been raised before, but I couldn't find anything about it with the search.

My question is, can you and should you, convert a GTR to gas? Petrol prices are ridiculous!! was trying to sell the skyline because I didn't want to park it on the street near my house, but seems hard to sell these rigs unless they are perfect (which 89 ones aren't).

So now I'm thinking, I'd prefer to spend a little money and keep it, have it insured incase some Wickham druggo's decide to take it off my hands and have it on gas, so its happy... I mean, so fuel prices don't destroy me from the hip inwards.

So what would be the go with converting to gas?

waster of time and money mate. if you can't afford to put copious amounts of 98RON in it, you can't afford the gas conversion either. probably better in that case to try and tidy it up and sell it. :D

I must be a search spastic. I searched for lpg* and it returned nothing. I think cars and car forums all hate me... anyone selling a horse I can get around on? Just an unmodified number that eats cheap grain would be great.

hahaha i'm with you, only have gtst but its still hurting me to fill it all the time, especially with the kms i do every week.

Good luck finding the horse, i'm tempted to go pushbike root, but carrying round a toolkit and machines might be difficult...

I have been interested in setting this up on my Cefiro

I have a gas research carby that can be hooked up in place of the throttle body

I have heard that tuning is highly important as they are very prone to nasty backfires

I really want to set this up for the power gain(if you fill up at KleenHeat Gas and get the good stuff that is around 110 RON) and also the low cost fuel.

Is extremely hard to find someone who has had experience setting this up on a forced induction car