R32 Gtr Bilstein & Whiteline Suspension

Sydneykid

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry guys I have been on holidays since the 20/12, I will get around to the hundred or so PM's over the next few days.

No news from Bilstein Germany on the rear shocks production, I will post it here when I do. All other items for R32GTR's are available.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like i'm late to the party, as the bride and groom have left the building.

I took my car to the creek last week and rolled out a 1:58. Stock engine GTR with RE55s all round. Now I have no idea if thats a good time or not. (it could be a crap time, i don't know what other R32 GTRs are doing)

Anyway, my car has a little understeer when pushed for several laps, esp turn 2/3 and turn 8. By the looks of it, the kit is long gone. So any idea how i can dial that understeer out. I've got some harsh jap coilovers and standard everything else.

Any tips would be good. I'm not a tight arse and happy to do what needs to be done.

cheers,

padey

Hi mate, I'm not sure if you've spent much time at EC or had a ride around with someone who has?

Basically re55s and coilovers are a damn good start so you should be able to go a fair bit quicker with some practice. Apart from adding some swaybars maybe. Also check out the tyre pressures they should be around 32-33psi hot.

Most likely you need to look at where you turn into the corners, 2 and 9 are really long - you need to stay mid track and then turn in very late in the corner.

We'll be out there for the practice day on sat week if you want some tips :huh:

Looks like i'm late to the party, as the bride and groom have left the building.

I took my car to the creek last week and rolled out a 1:58. Stock engine GTR with RE55s all round. Now I have no idea if thats a good time or not. (it could be a crap time, i don't know what other R32 GTRs are doing)

Anyway, my car has a little understeer when pushed for several laps, esp turn 2/3 and turn 8. By the looks of it, the kit is long gone. So any idea how i can dial that understeer out. I've got some harsh jap coilovers and standard everything else.

Any tips would be good. I'm not a tight arse and happy to do what needs to be done.

cheers,

padey

Hi Padey, the Group Buy is still open, so far from long gone. All parts are in stock at Whiteline/Bilstein except the rear shocks which are due to be made by Bilstein Germany on 28th February 2007. Plus say 2 weeks for the airfreight shipment to arive, clear customs etc.

Duncan is pretty much spot on, there is a definite technique to driving a GTR on a track. Tyre pressure are important as are wheel alignment settings. I would be carefull about running a standard sump GTR on a circuit using "R" type tyres, oil surge is a common problem. At 1.58's you are probalby not generating enough g-force to be a problem, but once you get accustomed to it and get the alignment right, then oil surge will become an issue.

:mad: cheers :D

Cheers for the reply guys.

Duncan, I think i have a wedding on that Saturday. What time are you starting, as i might be able to get a few hours in the morning. I got the feeling my fronts were a little under the optimal tyre pressure, but left the gauge at home. :)

My car when pressed does have a bit of understeer in all corners, it was just more painfully dominant at those two corners; 2 and 8.

SK & Duncan, I think i might spend a bit more time on technique and then i'll take it from there. It was only my first time out with my GTR and only second time on the track, my first being a 1976 mini. So not really anything to help me.

ap

hahah yeah I think mini is a little different, so was moving from the 'woos to a Skyline. I'll be out there at least in the morning from 9, or all day if I get my heap of junk working.

I'll be there with the capri that looks like it crashed into a rainbow. And a yellow and a black GTR with some luck :sick:

Sorry about the OT.

• 2 weeks later...

Bilstein Australia have received advice that a small number (around 20) rear shocks for R32GTR's are being sent from Germany later this week. They are being air freighted and, depending on customs clearance, should be available around the 20th March.

Obviously this is a very small number, so I strongly suggest that anyone waiting on ordering that you do it now. They will go quickly, so don't delay too long.

:unsure: cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry all, I have been out of action for 3 days, somebody gave me a nice little virus. So the PM inbox filled up, but it has been cleared now. So if you could n’t get a message though over the last couple of days please try again.

For those that did get a PM in before the overflow, please be patient I will get to them all sometime today (or tonight).

:laugh: Cheers :rant: