Sydneykid

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

all good now :thumbsup:

just a quick question regarding rear camber adjustment, i run my car with tyre just above the guard front and rear so need to pull a fair whack of camber out of the rear wheels. apparently you can use 2 rear camber kits to double the effect. how much positive camber will i be able to add with 2 kits installed?!?

im going to get some castor bushes regardless and already have installed the subframe bushes and have a whiteline front camber kit sitting at home ready to be installed. just need to know if the rear camber is going to be adjustable enough to suit my application or if i should just go with rose jointed fully adjustable items.

cheers

simon

• 2 weeks later...
all good now :)

just a quick question regarding rear camber adjustment, i run my car with tyre just above the guard front and rear so need to pull a fair whack of camber out of the rear wheels. apparently you can use 2 rear camber kits to double the effect. how much positive camber will i be able to add with 2 kits installed?!?

im going to get some castor bushes regardless and already have installed the subframe bushes and have a whiteline front camber kit sitting at home ready to be installed. just need to know if the rear camber is going to be adjustable enough to suit my application or if i should just go with rose jointed fully adjustable items.

cheers

simon

Hi Simon, the rear camber kits each add 0.75 degrees of positive adjustment, plus the 0.25 of the standard adjuster. But that's the minimum compared to brand new bushes. Since you have been driving an R32 (14 to 18 years old) around at a such a low height, chances are your bushes are far from new and severely distorted. I have seen as much as 3 degrees change in those circumstances, and that was in a car where the bushes looked OK.

Having done heaps of Skyline camber correction myself and sold over 120 kits, no one has reported not being able to achieve the recommended alignment settings. What may stop you is tyre contact with the guard.

>_< cheers :D

you have convinced me :D good work

tyre contact with guard is going to be a problem, but im rolling guards and fitting 235's instead of 255's to help with that

will get back to you soon regarding the order

cheers

simon

Hi Simon, the rear camber kits each add 0.75 degrees of positive adjustment, plus the 0.25 of the standard adjuster. But that's the minimum compared to brand new bushes. Since you have been driving an R32 (14 to 18 years old) around at a such a low height, chances are your bushes are far from new and severely distorted. I have seen as much as 3 degrees change in those circumstances, and that was in a car where the bushes looked OK.

Having done heaps of Skyline camber correction myself and sold over 120 kits, no one has reported not being able to achieve the recommended alignment settings. What may stop you is tyre contact with the guard.

:) cheers :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All

Matt here

To Anyone who could not get through, I am now answering PMs and all questions for Gary the best I can. With the new business extremely busy, we have been flat out, however gary is off on Holidays to the USA next week for 5 weeks. This does not mean that sales will hault, as I will personally be looking after all sales and enquiries from this point on. For anyone with more technical questions, there are some I can assist with, but any that I can not will be forwarded to Gary.

So please, PM me (I will check the GB threads when possible, but PM is best - I will supply an email address and a phone number for me)

Cheers

Matt

• 1 month later...
Quick question: what is stock like in the lead up to Christmas?

Cheers,

Lucien.

Flowing.

I can pretty much have anything, anywhere, in 5-10 working days - had a few hiccups this week for some guys, but 5-10 days.

My only dilema is stagea front springs...

Flowing.

I can pretty much have anything, anywhere, in 5-10 working days - had a few hiccups this week for some guys, but 5-10 days.

My only dilema is stagea front springs...

Great thanks. Just need to wait for my tax return to come through. Given I have some Noltec replacement sub-frame bushes, I assume there would be no gain from pineapples?

Cheers,

Lucien

Great thanks. Just need to wait for my tax return to come through. Given I have some Noltec replacement sub-frame bushes, I assume there would be no gain from pineapples?

Cheers,

Lucien

I believe it is basically the same sort of kit

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a kit several months ago and thought I write back here with a bit of a review/update.

I ordered the suspension kit around April, the standard kit with Eibach springs and Bilstein coil over conversion. I had the kit fitted in a day by eastcoast suspension. I can highly recommend them.

My initial response to driving the car home from eastcoast was one of total amazement. I just couldn’t believe how smooth it was. No more smashing my back over speed humps.... I even chose to drive up Parramatta road and it felt like the road has been resurfaced. Amazing.

So on the road, my GTR was perfect. But what about the track?

Well I got the Eibach springs coil over kit so I could play with the spring rates for different tracks. My first outing at eastern creek saw me drop three seconds off my previous best time, with no other changes to the car. The car felt a whole lot better. But I wanted to squeeze a bit more out of her, and so I put some stiffer Eibach springs in to make her hold a bit better and made some minor adjustment to the front and rear toe and camber to suit EC and instantly dropped a couple more seconds. I believe I would have dropped more time because my front right tyre had a slow leak which I worked out was dropping about 5psi every 8-10 laps. By the time I worked it out what was going on with it, the track day was over.

1:58 old suspension.

1:55 new suspension.

1:53 changed springs and minor adjustment.

Once home, took the stiff springs out and put the standard ones in. good as gold!

Sk, I owe you a case. PM me your work address and a case of Coronas is on the way!