SAU Community

Sau Dyno Day 22nd October

gtrGhosTDoGG11

Was a good turnout, alot of nice cars.

Whats the deal with that dude with the bluebird wagon claiming his car was wheelspinning, and bagging shauns dyno opperating...?? check his web site at this link

www.srt910.com

check the graphs and make up your own decision, you can see at peak torque the power dips and is all wavy from then on, also the torque curve turns quickly depicting what wheel spin would to a dyno graph.

This in its self I have no problem with, if you car wheel spins on the dyno so be it, it spun, but the part i do have a problem with if for someone to turn around and tell me there is 100% no posibility,no change ever that it wheel spun, and that my previous runs are "reading high" because of a higher ramp rate used, when after i found out what ramp rate was used,his comment is completly untrue.

So that is my opinion, you have your opinion.

Edited by SR910

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bagging Shaun and his dyno (on the open internet) because your not happy with the result you got (on a dyno day where he is pressed for time) doiing his best getting everyones car on and off is bad form in my opinion....

Sky30's car did wheelspin (you could see it and hear it), which Shaun had to restrap it down cos it got a little off line from memory...

Edited by Bl4cK32

Shaun is not bothered who won or lost, he doesn't

own any of the cars, and any that were there are built to the

owners wishes,He is just doing his job . To think he is worried about

your car winning SR910 shows how modest you are :) ,

Bloody dyno queens :angry:

Edited by S3_Girl

awesome day guys, thanks to everyone who put in their efforts. Just finished putting my footage to vcr, looks great but its not a digital camera so i can't post it up i'm afraid. Loved seeing sky30's car on there hoping that i can one day make that with my rb30.

Once the Rb30 is in my car i will definitely be taking the car to Shaun for everything dyno and otherwise related, very professional guy!

Good luck to everyone with their cars and keep modding so our next dyno day can be even bigger and better with more cars. I'm suggesting the end of summer once it cools down again but so that the weather is still nice like yesterday!

check the graphs and make up your own decision, you can see at peak torque the power dips and is all wavy from then on, also the torque curve turns quickly depicting what wheel spin would to a dyno graph.

This in its self I have no problem with, if you car wheel spins on the dyno so be it, it spun, but the part i do have a problem with if for someone to turn around and tell me there is 100% no posibility,no change ever that it wheel spun, and that my previous runs are "reading high" because of a higher ramp rate used, when after i found out what ramp rate was used,his comment is completly untrue.

So that is my opinion, you have your opinion.

The dyno graph should show large dips if the car is wheelspinning bad during a run. It is also easly seen and heard, but realy dont care if your car was or wasnt wheelspinnig on the dyno, or what power it made(all cars were run on the same dyno, the same day, by the same opperator). Baggin out shaun on the Net aint a good thing to do.

The dyno graph should show large dips if the car is wheelspinning bad during a run. It is also easly seen and heard, but realy dont care if your car was or wasnt wheelspinnig on the dyno, or what power it made(all cars were run on the same dyno, the same day, by the same opperator). Baggin out shaun on the Net aint a good thing to do.

So incidentily would it show smaller dips for less then "bad" wheel spin, consitering the losses were only in the region of 35+ kw? Just like it shows on the sheet.

I dont care if i "win or loose" a dyno comp, i dont care if my car wheel spins on a dyno, i do care about what a dyno operator says about integrity of the people i use to work on my car.

but that is ok, i didnt mention anything here, i didnt even mention the dyno operators name, your the one who brought it up here, i talk about my experiences and opinions on my website about my cars.

Have a nice day

more like he didnt want certain cars he has built with 2 more cylinders and another litre of displacment with the same turbo to get upset

my "opinion"

more like someone didn't want to face that another car using a engine only cost 1/3 to built with tons better off boost pull better result with the same turbo setup hence get upset :lol:

Edited by Maxx

Good call on the yellow 33 there Chops, was a bit of a sleeper i thought, would be happy with those results out of mine :P

Yeh thanks Ash for your hospitality afterwards, would have come to Andrews but mate racing yesterday had to sort some Kart issues out, Next time for sure.

Cheers Will, Shaun, and Andrew.

To those of you who came to mine for the BBQ, you're all very welcome, and thanks for coming over.

P.S. Darren, how'd your mate go at the Karts?

Good to see so many Skylines on saturday and catch up with a few people

Had to leave early due to other commitments, thanks to everyone who organized it and big thanks to Boostworx for the day and for all the stuff done on my car

Here's my chart, nice torque for a little 167,000km old RB20 :P

Need a bigger turbo!

post-493-1130112248.jpg

Thanks heaps to Will and Boostworx for the day, and anyone else who helped :blink:

I would also like to thank the sympathetic comments that people made when they saw the key marks on my poor car.

Thanks heaps to Will and Boostworx for the day, and anyone else who helped :P

I would also like to thank the sympathetic comments that people made when they saw the key marks on my poor car.

That shit was f**ked up, i just don't know how these low-lives can act like that, just gets me angry thinking about it again.
Here's my sheet from the Crown.

Thanks for letting me join in boys, much appreciated.

Sean

Mate i would have been bloody disappointed if you HADN'T put it on the dyno, you can't tease us with 4.5L of donk and turbo as big as your head and not run it, and from the back seat the power delivery felt impressively smooth it just kept pulling. :D