• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's good turnout, I had a great day :)

haven't seen so many cars for ages

and it's good to meet a few new faces :wub:

thanks for Will about the dyno day

Ash & andrew for the BBQ and drinks

MS-75's car is TUFF!!!!!!!!! i want pic of his turbo!

Edited by Maxx

Thanks Will for organising the Dyno day, also a big thanks to Shaun for setting up the Boost Controller on the Car. Was good to talk to a few new people out there and I'm looking forward to the next one.

I was happy to get no2 behind that monster 4.5ltr crown with the dinner plate sized turbo.

I'm thinking of selling the Engine package in the Car if anyone is interested you can PM me.

Terry

Thanks for organising it Will, and thanks to Shaun and Boostworks for their efforts.

Sorry I was a bit late-I was doing a few little jobs before the Horsepower show next weekend.

I'm pretty sure I saw Terry's R33 go 355 on the first run on higher boost and Chops went 229 late in the day.

If anyone got any video of my blue whale on the dyno I'd love to get a copy.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Sean

I was curious how Chops went once he ran in the v8 shootout mode.

I wonder whats up with these shootout modes, would the turbo's also read higher in the v8 shootout mode? or is the only difference the ramp rate to help prevent wheel spin when the turbo comes on.?!? :rolleyes:

I had a great time.

Very good turn out.

Interesting to note there are two distinct groups amongst the dyno figures for the skylines - lots in he 180-200rwkw region, then the jump to about 240+ for those that have upgraded turbos.

I would be interested in some more info about the yellow R33 owned by "Nathan". Looked to be a very good street type package making in the 240s and a nice spread of useable power.

Thanks to Will and the guys at Boostworx for the day.

Thanks to Ash for the BBQ festivities.

Thanks to Andrew for letting us raid his house (again), and his wife for the pies (no jokes required guys).

Thanks to everyone else for making mine a very enjoyable day.

Will post my graph for everyone later when I can be bothered getting it out of the car.

I was curious how Chops went once he ran in the v8 shootout mode.

I wonder whats up with these shootout modes, would the turbo's also read higher in the v8 shootout mode? or is the only difference the ramp rate to help prevent wheel spin when the turbo comes on.?!?

Made 229 when it went on last after everyone finished.

Ramp rates are the main differences I think.

I would be interested to see how all the cars ran in non-shootout, so the different types of cars could be compared on the same (even more level) playing field. I'm not sure if there are any possible dangers associated with this though.

As I mentioned on the day, I really don't care what the dyno says. I use one particular dyno to gauge what differences my mods have made.

Car runs 108mph at approx 1850kg with driver, so that's how much HP it has.

Well thats it.... 1/4 times don't lie.

Typing your numbers in to a 1/4 calc it states your uncorrected hp is 406hp.

From memory the LS1's loose roughly 61rwkw.

Thats 241rwkw. Close enough. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cubes

was great to give my car a run for the first time, thanks for all the organising Will! look out for my massive 120rwkw ... RAWR! :rolleyes:

some damn impressive cars there!

Edited by GFXman

wow.. 120rwkw.. mine was making that by what.. 2500rpm.. heheh :D

Sky30, if you can pleeassse.. :rolleyes: Scan and post your dyno run.

I'm keen to overlay it with Bl4ck32's and Mine to see how that GT35R makes its power. :P

Edited by Cubes

Was a good turnout, alot of nice cars.

Whats the deal with that dude with the bluebird wagon claiming his car was wheelspinning, and bagging shauns dyno opperating...?? check his web site at this link

www.srt910.com

hey ghostdogg thanks for uploading extra photos. ill let yiou know once ur page is up. some awesome cars there.

sucked that i had to leave due to work. i got some good footage of vid i gota edit soon. itll only be bout 10min though. mostly dyno time

Edited by r31turbo

geez you must have left early Julian .... I got there about 12:30pm and you'd already gone.

FYI anyone that saw it the black smoke pouring out of my exhaust, it was fuel - the S15 is running mega-rich - hence the low power figure. My battery went flat while I was in the USA and reset all the oem computer specs putting my Unichip way out of whack.

I went to a dyno day and the car only made 285, after checking the graph it is clear to see at peak torque it started to wheel spin on the dyno and hence the lost power, also noticable from the sharp turn of the torque curve. Even so the dyno operator would not admit it was wheel spinning and said it must be the ramp rates used on my previous dyno runs, more like he didnt want certain cars he has built with 2 more cylinders and another litre of displacment with the same turbo to get upset.

Do you know how silly that sounds? LMAO!!!

Edited by Cubes

geez you must have left early Julian .... I got there about 12:30pm and you'd already gone.

FYI anyone that saw it the black smoke pouring out of my exhaust, it was fuel - the S15 is running mega-rich - hence the low power figure. My battery went flat while I was in the USA and reset all the oem computer specs putting my Unichip way out of whack.

hehe yeah we left at about 12ish as had made other plans

didn't know you were gonna be there you fcker, i would have hung around :)

Edited by GFXman

my thanks go out to

Will -for organising the day

Shaun & boostworxs crew - for workshop & efforts for the day

Ash - for the BBQ at his place

Andrew - for the drinks & pool

was great to catch up with everyone and also meet some new people, i had a top day :)