SAU Community

Climate Control

Haysey

there a standard dick smith job replacement, blue leds look good on the recycle and demist buttons cos ive done that already, but dont use leds for the main lighting, it wont light up properly because blue leds have a very narrow lighting angle

yeah, in my article I put a note at the bottom, telling people to sand the led lense abit to help disperse light.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the long awaited pics..................................turned out quite sh!thouse unfortunatly :rolleyes: , ill post anyway

The photos dont do them justice because im crap at taking decent pics - the camera in my phone is about the best i can do <_<

post-23559-1130505803.jpg

• 6 months later...

doubtful. The bulbs need a fair amount of wire on them to coil onto the original holder, which looks nothing like anything standard.

I thought Narva.com.au might have something, but none of their globe-holders will work either!

There's another thread somewhere on this topic too.

Today I put new grain-of-wheat globes in, with blue silcone caps from Narva. It lights up a dim blue...

I also fixed the demister and hazard button lights, which had similar rubber caps on them. My blue looks like N1GTR's picture above, whereas the blue cap on the hazard bulb makes the icon light up a nice bright white. Very similar white to the tacho/speed guages.

Damn Nissan and their special globes, globe-holders, and silicone caps! I will never get this fixed! =-///

Damn Nissan and their special globes, globe-holders, and silicone caps! I will never get this fixed! =-///

I wonder what the current s15 and other nissan models are using these days...

Im sure they would have completely changed over to LED's but if not then maybe theres a chance they are using the same type still...does anyone know?

If you follow the link in my post, the neo wedge holders halfway down the page are complete assembly with the grain of wheat bulbs in many colours. The #74 bulbs are for the dash backlight and also available in LED

These are used in Sentra and Maxima in the USA .... so I was asking do they look the same and how is size compared to R33s before I order some.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to dredge up and old post but has anyone gotten hold of these globes, been to several stores and cant find them including dick smiths, jaycar etc. Anyone is south australia found them? The alternative of paying around 20 for a tiny globes is ridiculous