SAU Community

Car Wash Places

R32Skyliner

I heard that there is somewhere you can drive your car up onto a big ramp or something and get underneath so you can have a go at it with a high pressure hose. Although I'm thinking the driveway idea might be the best option as I have a steep drive, just have to get a hold of some ramps.

I find there is usually a way to have the front end of the car hanging over the steep part of the driveway as most of them have a flat part and a ramp part. Put ure wheel just over the crest and then reverse it to get to the other half.

Make sure u chock the wheels so u dont get squashed though. Just in case ure park brake fails by some evil magics.

Go to supercheap or some place similar. Buy a can of degreaser (worth next to nothing) spray tons of it all over the car where oil needs to be taken off. Then hit it with a high pressure spray from your local car lovers.

Done

hummmm, alot of jacks and 4 stands, degreaser and high pressure, wouldnt be any other way to do it "cleanly" done it to mine, just the front half though, have no idea where to jack it up from the centre at the rears. (gives u about 400g of weight reduction :))

Thanks for all the ideas guys and Rob for the offer of the ramps. I ended up borrowing some ramps off a mate who lives nearby and used our slanted driveway to get under the car. Already have a high pressure hose and some degreaser, so was able to give it a good clean. Didn't realise that some areas under there are actually grey, not black!! Anyway, came up well, so I'd recommend this technique for anyone doing the same.