Contact Details:

RB25DET with forged pistons, HKS cams and 5spd out of R33 GTST

Apexi C7 turbo

Bigger injectors

17" Enkei lightweights

GTR kit

Bride seat

extra gauges

check the photos and let me know if you want more details.

this is my first post here so if I have omitted any protocols or conventions here guys my apologies, I won't screw up twice!

I can be contacted on 0403200444. Just leave me a message and I'll return the call.

If anyone has an R32 GTR crank and rods in EC let me know please!

Cheers,

J

Edited by R34_T88_Widebody

Hi Guys,

I myself have never seen the car. When imported, I was told that it was RB25DET. As for the 'out of R33' - this only refers to the 5spd, not the engine. I guess the only way to find out would be for me to get an engine number. Personally, I would have thought that the dyno figures ( done by a company I have never had any association with - they were simply near where the car was located) would suggest that there is no way it could be RB20DET. And why anyone would stick an IHI C7 on such a small block. STill, you guys are the techos, so feedback welcome. In the interim, why don't I get an engine number....Oh, as for the earlier postings, I thought that R32 had optional RB25DET fitted from 92/93. cheers.

Not all RB25's had variable cam timing, but that engine does look like an RB20, the outlet on the side of the block for the top radiator hose is the same as RB20, the 25's had the hose fed straight into the side of the head. The plenum looks different to my RB25 too.

my old r32 gtst supposidly had an rb25det, it looked slightly diff to my new 89 model, and it went alot harder then my 89 model does, i.e my old one was as fast as my new one with only 10 psi, while my new one with an fmic, bigger fuel pump, better exhaust, 13psi isnt that much faster, and my old engine looked exactly the same as that except it had the cover over the coil packs, and didnt have a high mount turbo etc, was all standard

Hi All,

Hope this is of no shock to you when I tell you that the engine number is RB25005146A

Guess it's an RB25DET after all......... : )

So after all that fascinating conjecture, is anyone interested in this RB25DET GTS-T?

And can anyone explain to me how I come to have an RB25 with RB20 characteristics? ( I'm asking you this so you don't ask me, as I don't have the first clue)....

PRICE DROP TO $20K. That's $63 per rwKw. Much better value than a Ssangyong Musso.

As mentioned above, the rb25 did come out in the last of the 32's (was improved for the 33's).  Your interior has blue gadges, which indicate a early model 32, you never know what these crazy Japs do when modifing their cars :O.

just for info guys, the rb25 that was put into r32's didnt have vvt which is why it has no lumps on it, the only physical way of checking the difference between 25 and 20 heads is by measuing the valve sizes internally(2 hard 2 do for just curiosity) - the 20 heads have smaller valves at 30mm where the 25 heads have 35mm valves which is why most use the r32 25 head for rb30det build ups, hope this helps clear up the looks of the engine.

happy driftn!!!