SAU Community

Boost ?

BensR33

safc2 is Super Air Fuel Controller

its made by apexi and basicly controlls ur air/fuel ratios (tricks the stock ecu)

More accurately its Super Air Flow Convertor II, it's the second generation of intercepting devices that work together with the AFM (Air Flow meter) to basically fool the stock ECU at certain points in the rev range how much air is actually passing through it. If the ECU sees less air it puts in less fuel obviously.

Hence the tuning advantage of such devices, not a substitute for a full ECU but certianly can bring substantial power increases.

And no, it does not have a fuel cut defender, which are evil devices in my opinion anyway.

Hope that helps,

Edited by Strich9

I recon run your boost at 10psi

12 is to high to get FULL THROTAL

i got a few more hp by lowering psi so i would get no poping

(fuel cut or plugs) but it runs sooo much better

i have a fmic and i have been turning my boost down

13psi 1 week 12 the next down to 10 and 10 is the best

without ecu + less strain on engine

ic,

Guys what does the term spiking mean? I was going to buy the turbotech boost controler of ebay as it heard many good reports of it. i.e no spiking onctinous boost etc.

What are your opions on the incabin turbosmart dual stage boost (adjustable from incabin). Where as the 40 dollar one of ebay u have to pop open da boot etc.

Does any have experince of da turbo smart dual boost controller?

Any info be greatly appreciated!

Shorty

if you want to be able to constantly change your boost pressure, then get a electronic boost controller. they have module that u install in your car so you can adjust. if you just want to set one specific boost pressure, then the turbotech one is great (for 40 bux and no spiking u CANT go wrong!) mind u if you have pretty stock car (ie stock fuel pump, injectors, ecu etc,) i strongly recommend u keep ur boost upgrade low, 10 psi is good. :)

one questain pplz, issit just me of do r32 actualli run 10 psi stock? i am surprised that a "stock" nissan runs that much boost ( air pod and 3 inch cat back). i took measurement with proper boost gauge.

if you want to change your boost 4GODS SAKE get a boost gauge

i hav an e boost 2 and it is ebc and gauge holds boost very well

boost spik is when you hav it set on 8psi and you flat stik(go fast)and boost wiil go to 14psi and then come bak to 8

the thing is if you hav a standard ecu u will get boost cut at 13-14 and your car will jult badly not to say your cat converter would eat your exh turbin

ahhh thanks Guys,

Guess i need to save some extra dosh for safc:(

Miller the hoon:

When u said if u set boost to 8psi then u gun it it will go up to 14psi then go bk to 8psi...

So do all boost controllers do this?? I dont knoe much about spiking etc. trying to to learn you feed bk helps a great deal.

Is the Turbosmart Dual stage boost contoller good, where u can set it to two conditions 1 with normal boost and the other for high boost level and u can chnage by a simple flick?

NOt a fan of poping the boot everytime to change the boost. i wouldnt like set a specific boost level say 10psi all the time. Just like to increase da boost when im in in doubt if u know wat i mean ...:(

Your feedbk is grealty appreciated

I have a turbo smart item, they are australian so back up by them is good, they talk english if you dont speek japanise

8 to 14 is extreem but you get wat i meen

i think most can spike if not set properly

i think that it is more to do with ecu but i could be wrong

just to let you no i turned my boost down again just alittle and i recon it is a lillte faster i get more power band from ecu being able to coop

i would have 1st set on 7 psi and 2nd on 10 at most + gap your plugs and go to 13.4 sec 1/4 by rev210 the best thread

clever people posting in that thread

do u have auto or manual

Miller the hoon,

Thanks for your reply bud,

Buying in a S2 manual sky in Dec. Just doing all my research ( saving money for mods etc) I want to get most power on a budget! hehehe.

Yeh i prob buy the dual stage boost and set it to those level u suggested.

Thanks again mate

Regards

Shorty

umm safc does not control boost I think....

but if you mean getting another boost controler....the ceramic turbine can usually hold up to 1.1 bar that is without spike N stuff and if you do have spike, the turbine will be shmashed into bits and the pieces will fly into you engine and your exhaust chuck out turbo turbine....muahhahaha...and you need a new engine muhahaha I read a few forums abt ceramic dust or sumthing here...and they just replace the whole engine~~

umm recomended 0.8 to be safe, lots of ppl do 0.9 - 1bar tho...

My understanding is that the stock boost is around ~0.7 bar (I might be wrong). 10psi = 0.69 bar. I recently had the turbosmart manual pneumatic bleed valve installed on my R32. I have an accurate digital blitz boost guage on my car....I have it set to 0.86bar (12.5psi) sustained boost. It spikes momentarily to values in the range 0.9 - 0.95 bar when first comming on boost but only for say < 0.5 seconds and usually more like 0.92 than 0.95. In first gear the spike is more pronounced but in 4th / 5th the boost creeps a little but is still < 0.9bar. On my last 2 GTR's I ran 0.95 bar for 2 years of hard driving with no incidents including multiple track days.

From what I've read, the issue is with overspeeding. The bonding of the ceramic exhaust wheel to the shaft can separate/break at certain turbine speeds that tend to correspond with pressures of 1.0bar or higher. I've had people swear black and blue to me that they run 1.1bar all day long....but better to be safe than sorry in my book so I've always stayed below 1.0 bar. The Factory ECU tends to run a bit rich when boost increases (11 - 15psi) but thats a good thing! Certainly an after market ECU will give a horsepower increase from better mixtures (amongst other benefits).

I want a PowerFC...mmmm.