SAU Community

R34 Gtr V-spec Or 350z

calvintys

i saw this movie and there was a 350Z, M3, S2000, Boxter and a R34 gtr cam car. the Z was faster than all cars but the R34,at the start the R34 was at the back, and by the first corner it was second behind the Z and on the straight it killed it because of the twin turbo and 4wd, anyways i reckon R34

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking a Skyline forum whether you should buy a skyline or something else usually ends in the same conclusion - 95% of the time the skyline will be overwhelmingly recommended over the competition. I reckon you should test drive both and get whichever feels right for you.

Having said that, GET THE VSPEC!!!

Well i personally would love to get Skyline but i have also consider that RB engine has been here for long and all it capacity has been max out. However the VQ engine is just out not long ago, they have been making great power within such a short period of time. So in long run with more R&D the VQ engine might kill RB. That is one for the reason why i consider Z because of its new technology. But the again with GTR i can have 4wd so that put the GTR to the top again.

Both car has look of its own so by look of it its out but Z look has more into trends of up comming car. But R34 GTR looks great too.

Another thing that put Z away is, i can only get Auto version here and if i am after manual then i need to have alot of trouble.

Bassically i am after a car which i am able to drive or keep it for long before i get bored of it.

However, Endless overcame this issue with carbon firbe panels in the front end and maintained the 53/47 stock weight distrubution.

That's true. You can start weight reducting other panels to get your weight distribution back to stock.

But, the way I see it, if you kept the VQ and weight reduced the front with CF panels, you can then also use lightweight panels on the rear as well without adversely affecting the weight distribution.

Not only do you get to keep your weight distribution near stock at that point, but you can also reduce the total weight of the car. Which can only be a good thing, because you feel the weight of the 350Z most keenly.

It is more a "bench tuning" discussion than any kind of fact, though. Adding twin turbos, various heat exchangers, and all that extra plumbing will add more weight to the front of the car. The VQ will do it less, but if you're after a car that's great handling you're still going to have to do stuff to offset this weight imbalance.

As an aside, APS is currently developing a 700rwhp kit for the Z. No idea how much it'd cost, but generating 520+rwkW out of an RB26 isn't a trivial exercise either. Of course, pretty much everyone knows how to do that in an RB (you could probably get the entire shopping list by posting the question in the FI forum) whereas you'd be hard pressed to ask someone who's not doing R&D at a tuning company how to do it in a VQ.

i saw this movie and there was a 350Z, M3, S2000, Boxter and a R34 gtr cam car. the Z was faster than all cars but the R34,at the start the R34 was at the back, and by the first corner it was second behind the Z and on the straight it killed it because of the twin turbo and 4wd, anyways i reckon R34

That would be a recent BMI dvd not a movie, unless u have has a secret preview of Fast And Furious 3 :P

The R34 in that race was on semi comp tyres but the rest of the cars were on street rubber tho.

man i would DEFIANTLY go the V SPEC.........

also a R34 GTR will make u feel proud everytime u drive it because i mean as you dont see 350Z's out there all to often you do see them allot more then 34 GTR's as ive never personaly seen a 34 GTR driving around on the streets so the rareness of these cars should make you feel proud as hell everytime u think

I OWN A 34 GTR V SPEC....

Jap just drop my deposit last few days.... cant wait to get the car, waiting for my loan/finance...kekekekekekek will post some pic once i got it.

Blue color, full nismo bodykits, TE 37, Almost every upgrade that needed to be upgrade or can be upgrade has been done with HKS and ARC except for engine internal and turbos is completely stock. Just cant wait to have the beast on my garrage.

Edited by calvintys

Hi everyone it has been long time i haven been chatting within SAU,  how is everyone, anyway i was bussy looking for $$$ and now the time have finally arrived. Just need to get some idea between skyline members.

I am going to get either 2000 R34 GTR V-spec or Brand new 350Z. However the 350Z is only Auto version (Malaysia). my previous car is R33 GTR, R34 GTT, R32, NSX Auto.  If you guys were me what would you guys get?

Chees

Calvin

350z's are a great car but you can't go past the godzilla. they are just too good! B)

Godzilla has been out and about lately http://www.hgeconsulting.com.au/wp050910/w...0godzilla1.html

BTW I would never take my GTR over my 350z for road use.  Which is why I asked what are you looking for :P

good to see he has been out and about having fun. my poor buddy has been sitting in the shed with the two broken godzillas. have you ever known a girl to kill two godzilla engines?