SAU Community

17/09 Putty Road Cruise Photos

wilch

EDIT: Deleted. I suggest everyone calm down, take a chill pill - and remove any mention of anything they think would be best kept to themselves, and for the next cruise - keep their head about them, and the reputation of SAU in their mind at all times...

Edited by Menthu_Rae

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ummm... This was supposed to be a photo thread of a day that I thought was really fun.

Did all this crap come up after the same cruise last year? If so, thank God I didn't go. If this is going to happen after every cruise then I don't think I want to cruise with you people anymore.

Well I was there in the white R32 GTR with ACT plates, and had a pretty good cruise... it was very similar to last years. Its a public road, people are going to get seperated, and people are going to want to go for spirited driving... thats why there are the regroup points to make sure everyone arrives ok.

The only problem I had was with one certain car who made a point of overtaking me for god knows what reason, then slowing right down and splitting the group into two... and then when an overtaking lane came up and I went to pass, seemed to speed up to try and keep up/stop me... by the way mate, your car is blowing shitloads of blue smoke (oil)when on boost, you should get it checked out (white R33 GTSt, possibly with Veilside bits on it...)

And my apologies for blowing smoke on any cars behind me, shes running a bit rich and needs a tune :)

Anymore pics people? did anyone get any pics of my car? The day was pretty good.

Wilch...No one complained last year that i know of, it was a great day, and all the other cruises i've been on were sweet too. I hope a couple of negative comments don't discourage anyone from coming on more cruises.

Guys as you know, this is a public forum and SAU NSW is a official club with CAMS backing and all.

Those who have volunteered to run the committe can be held personally responsible for anything that goes wrong at an event. Imagine the damage done to the club's public image if a car had left the road travelling over the speed limit (not to mention the driver of the car).

I couldn't make the cruise, but please keep in mind we ran under the rules of CAMS insurance and regulations and that includes sticking to the speed limit.

My suggestion for what it is worth is that....those who might have posted suggesting they went quicker than they should have....please edit your posts....and if you want to discuss things like this please do them inside the private, members forum.

Anyway, that aside, I hope everyone enjoyed the cruise and had a great day out.....and...

PICSORBAN!

sorry to bring this up again but its the last time ill talk bout it.

i just wanted to clear things up a little as alot of ppl seem to have jumped to a conclusion about it all.

'That' speed, was done when i was over taking another car on the rd.. i had already comited to over taking the car when i saw another coming down the road towards me. if i had stayed at the speed i was going, i wouldnt be talking to any of you right now, and would proberly be ina body bag. ya proberly thinking that i should have slowed down and just gorn back in behind the car, but thats a little hard when the car that was behind me had already filled that gap, yes i did check, so the only other way to get out of the way of the car coming head on was to speed up and get around the car that i was passing, and thats when that top speed was proberly done.

i was at the back of the pack for pritty much the entire cruise, i was holding other up as well, as i had many ppl pass me (hence y i was at the back most of the time).

like ffs, im not a hoon, ive never been pulled over, fined, or even had a cop question me about my car. i wana stay alive so i dont go speeding around at crazy speeds or being an idiot, and if ppl are gona have goes at me for this.. well i guess im not wanted here.

RANICX u drive like a grammy....hehehhehehe dude dont worry mate...u drive and handle ur car well... u know ur limited in those corner...so that was good...... i was behind u most of the time..we were keeping to the speed limitd ;):):D but cant believe we were still so behind...but i have to say it was a fun allround cruise..i love the long drive...a bit of speed + abit of corner= putty road

good to see you sydney guy's up to the hunter.

ranicx make your mind up mate!! one post said you didnt know when this speed was done (which tells us that you where probably speeding alot. does it not??) and now your using it as a excuse for over taking a car which was probably unnecessary. not that i give a shit but it's one way or the other.

Edited by R32GRUNTN