SAU Community

Psp Firmware?

KNUCKLES-CHAOTIX

>Im interested in gettin a psp but im not too sure what all this firmware

>shit is all about?

>

>Apparently the new firmware software will not allow roms to be played?

>

>Can you help and maybe gimme a suggestion as to which one i should be

>getting as i would like to be able to play sega roms if there are any!

Also is it true that if you do not uprgrade your firmware you will not be able to play future released titles for the psp?

Sony are shifty pricks!

I only want roms and maybe a few psp titles..

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

I don't know of anyone who hasgoneback from 1.52 to 1.5. There has been no release of a firmware downgrader yet.

Wab and PSP-Dev were supposedly working on a firmware downgrader and were waiting to release when bugs were sorted out. They just disbanded though, which led to people questioning whether or not they had developed a downgrader at all, and if they were pretending to do it so they could raise money to buy their own Japan release PSP with version 1 firmware.

There are a few others saying that they have worked it out, but we'll have to wait and see if they are for real.

I just bought one peoples....

you get an upgrade disc that you need to install first to version 2.0 as PhantomS14 said...

I am waiting for it to charge right now because it wouls let you install with a low battery....45% battery and it still won't let me install :P

i bought mine from hong kong many many months ago and upgraded to firmware 2.0 just because i wanted the net browser. but its all good now because theyve got homebrew's running on 2.0 which means they'll have the emulators working on it soon too :P

i bought mine from hong kong many many months ago and upgraded to firmware 2.0 just because i wanted the net browser. but its all good now because theyve got homebrew's running on 2.0 which means they'll have the emulators working on it soon too  :P

ooOo no shat..... shed some light on us noobs when u get it working, imma try get mine sometime this week. my frends got a psp for his birthday from his uni peeps and this guy is a geek who dont play games. piss me off lol

• 4 weeks later...