SAU Community

Whoretown WA

skyzerr33

See ya Joe

I will talk to steve again next week about it. I checked the NGK website earlier & it said the same thing about a car with an ecu needing the resistor type (4ohm btw macka).

Said something about issues with idle, etc, etc.

Funnily enough there seems to be a miss at idle, but I took the car out for a lap between showers & it does seem to go better with the new plugs.

Also noticed that the rev limiter on the mines ecu is set somewhere between 8500-8800rpm. Strange thing is I never noticed that before cos I was sure that it was cutting in at 8200 as per the stock ecu that I had:confused:

• Replies 103.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GTS-t VSPEC

• Nizmo

• SHUTO-BOY

• skyzerr33

That should be bloody good fun Ken.

What time is it cos I got nothing on in the morning so I might come out & watch.

Behave yourself Clinton...you are not really in a position to throw stones

Be careful about revving to 8800. The rods and or bolts have been know to part company if you buzz a std one to 9K on a regular basis.

I usually find it's all over by 7500 anyway.

Cheers

Ken

Originally posted by Micko

That should be bloody good fun Ken.

What time is it cos I got nothing on in the morning so I might come out & watch.

Behave yourself Clinton...you are not really in a position to throw stones

All day starting at 9am at the racetrack.

Instruction sess in the morning and hot laps after lunch.

I won't be taking any R's up cos one is at CRed and the other is going for pre sale inspection Tuesday.

Cheers

Ken

Originally posted by Micko

Should be interesting if it rains next weekend ken.

Would you still run the day if it is wet?

Shit yea, best time to run em.

Plenty sideways action with no tyre wear.

Cheers

ken

Originally posted by macka

It was probably A MISFIRE THAT STOPPED U AT 8 gS

u talkin about plugs or injectors...

mes thinking ur confused with injctors...

Huh ??

Cheers

Ken

Ken......whoopde friggin do :P

Ya micko i agree on that one...

Just because the rev limit is raised doesnt mean your capable of taking it that far.

8500 is what hondas do...(ok 9) and suzuki gtirs ;)

Nah , don't want to scare you and besides , car needs to be scrutineered and have a fire extinguisher.

I will take the Maverick and a tow rope cos somehow I think it will be needed.:P

Cheers

Ken

ok with 5 secs looking at that dont buy resistive plugs

If you have a problem u can rectify it later as long as you find A good Electronic Teck :P

Resistive plugs may cause u to have poor ignition bud fact

Originally posted by Pva_Glue

my mate just changed his spark plug on his soarer TT...

100.46 for irridium spark plug....$$$$$ char ching!

Why ?? Iridiums last about 50K KM while NGK std plugs ( bout $2.50 ea ) last bout 15K KM.

Cheers

Ken

Originally posted by gtrken

I will take the Maverick and a tow rope cos somehow I think it will be needed.:P  

Cheers

Ken

Just a gut feeling there ken or what:bahaha:

I should tell Neo about it cos he would be happy to film you towing one out of the sand:p