SAU Community

R32 4 Door Turbo Brakes

Stu_D

Hey folks,

Seeing as this is my first post and all, hi everyone, I'm Stu. Anyway I'm pretty close to buying an r32 4 door and my search for information has led me to you guys, the skylines brains trust!

Ok, so I've found a car which I'm pretty keen on, it's a 90 model 4 door auto (i was thinking of getting it converted, however there seems to be a bit of a debate about that... so I won't play devil's advocate on my first visit!). Back to my point, the car seems great, is in awesome condition for it's age etc etc, however, I noticed it didn't have the 4 pot (the one's with the nissan logo on the outside) I thought non-turbo's had the smaller brakes.

A bit more info: the car's original build plate has "RB20DET" on it, it has a factory boost gauge, and drives like it has an LSD. So it all points to being a factory turbo, except for the brakes. Can someone she some light on this for me?

Cheers

-Stu

i think throughout the 4 door series the type M only have the larger brakes. i have a GTS-T, not the type M and it has the smaller brakes too. so if i am correct and you wanted to have the bigger brakes then the type M is the way to go. unless you wanted to do a brake swap.