Headlight Problems

darkprince

make sure the globe is located in correctly

if it is not in the correct position

the spring lock will still catch making it look like it is in properly but

you will not get the same reflective performance

try switching globes left to right

may be a faulty globe also

i know for my lights (r33) there was 2 adjustable screws.. top one did nothing, bottom one moved it up and down :D

that said, im also lead to believe the drivers side light isnt as bright, due to other cars being on that side facing your car, less blinding i guess.

It's fairly easy to allign yer lights.

Get a big bit of card board (like a fridge box from the back of Harvey Norman or something) flaten it, and use a marker to draw an even + shape on it.

Park the car on level ground in front of a wall or someplace where you can hang the cardboard level and square. Multi level Concrete carparks are good. Use a tape measure to verify the heights are the same to the bottom of each headlight just incase it's not the lights that are out of whack eg tyre pressure or suspension.

Park the car one or two metres back from the cardboard and turn the lights on, you should immediately see if one light is higher.

Before you play with screw drivers, use a white paint pen to mark the current positions.

To adjust headlights on some cars you first need to loosen all of the retaining screws slightly, then changing the angle with the adjustment screws will have better results.

Edited by zx9john

So the passenger side is meant to be brighter?

On some skylines they are even...can anyone one verify?

Most people on the road just think that my lights are on high beam,

can imagine what it will be like when i get HID.

the HID's arent too bad... they are bright, but they still point down, so not to blind anyone.

if you've loosened the retaining screws and the adjustment screw still does nothing sounds like it's stripped it's thread.

You could try a ghetto mod but make sure you can get yer hands on a complete replacement 1st :O You need to dismantle it and find out exactly what is wrong.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I’ve seen a video on you tube where the issue is just dry solder joints and once you fix them the unit lasts forever 
    • With permission granted from the SAU admin (thanks Christian!) I'd like to introduce a new website "OEM Soko" (OEM -> Original Equipment Manufacturer, Soko -> Warehouse) https://www.oemsoko.co.jp/ It's a family business registered in Japan and owned by my wife (Japanese) with myself running the website and shipping side and doing all the English translations/dealing with clients in English. My son is also involved part time while studying. The business has been registered since 2016 but never promoted outside Japan until now due to other obligations.  So what service does OEM Soko offer? In a nutshell: Anything worth shipping from Japan via Japan Post EMS. It's primary focus is Automotive accessories and hobby related items such as model cars etc, however there's also a "Vintage Soko" section dealing with used items and categories like Car cleaning and Tools. There's also a category "Nifty items" which includes any items we come across that are a) made in Japan, and b) have some sort of "nifty" attribute.  By all means please take a look and let me know your thoughts or any feedback here in this thread. We're updating the products all the time and although it's not 'populated' so much at this stage, by checking up on what's new I'm sure there'll be something to pique your interest! * As an introductory offer to SAU members we'll throw in a "Car Wash Japan" Made in Japan 30cm x 30cm microfiber cloth with any order regardless of value! Just put your SAU member name and a link to your SAU profile in the "Order special instructions" section in the Shopping Cart (see attached image) to receive this free gift! 🙂👍 We're always open to any request for items from Japan no matter what it is, automotive related or not, so by all means please use the Contact form to send your request here! :  https://www.oemsoko.co.jp/pages/contact
    • Hi Dave and welcome! 
    • I have S15 helical too. It is a bit worn. I think the drive behaviour you describe is related to this wear. Wear of helicals is something that no-one seems to have paid a lot of attention to, but now that they (as in original Nissan ones) are all a bit old - we're starting to  see the consequences. The ends of the helical spurs wear into the casing. That's where they perform the braking that diverts torque. Some of the more modern helical designs have proper wear surfaces introduced there, but the Nissan ones are just steel on steel (or iron).