SAU Community

This is probably a stupid question...

I know a GTST has a turbo therefore making it a GTST.

But if you got a standard GTS and bolted on a turbo, does it make it a GTST???

or just a GTS with a Turbo.

Probably a dumb question but anyway.

Im wondering this because I have a GTS and want to turbo it.

Thanks anyways

please check the n/a section for some guides on how to turbocharge a GTS skyline. it in theory makes it the same as the gtst the main differences are

manifold

turbo (obviously)

intercooler

piping

brakes

gauge cluster has boost guage

Everything is stock except the 17inch rims i bought the car with.

Another question...

Its a stock GTS25 4 door, 5 speed auto, I didnt want anything overly fast because im still only 17. I figured it would be a good car to learn on. So what are some good mods to start with and slowly build up. Keep in mind I have a limited budget and a new P plater.

Can I get some good power out of an auto RB25DE?

Im thinking my first mod would be to stick in a k&n panel filter and an exhaust system one i got the cash. Sound good or shit?

By the way I havnt put in the turbo yet, comes later.

Thanks, ciaoz

Everything is stock except the 17inch rims i bought the car with.

Another question...

Its a stock GTS25 4 door, 5 speed auto, I didnt want anything overly fast because im still only 17. I figured it would be a good car to learn on. So what are some good mods to start with and slowly build up. Keep in mind I have a limited budget and a new P plater.

Can I get some good power out of an auto RB25DE?

Im thinking my first mod would be to stick in a k&n panel filter and an exhaust system one i got the cash. Sound good or shit?

By the way I havnt put in the turbo yet, comes later.

Thanks, ciaoz

I've decided with my car that I'm not going to bother doing any mods to it, and I'll just trade it in at the same car dealers for a GTT towards the end of uni. Some prick recently rubbed my bumper quite badly and did a runner so I have to get that fixed first :P

Whats the difference between turbos and superchargers? (apart from the obvious, power sources).

Would you get more lower end torque with a supercharger? and would it be better with a supercharger than a turbo?

Also whats the deal with superchargers and bovs?

Im not looking at doing this soon by the way, I want to gain experience before I do any serious modding.

Sorry if my questions sound dumb

Cyaz

even if you did hub conversion, brakes, turbo, manifold, intake i/c, dash cluster, ecu.. blah blah blah to make it identical to a gts-t it will only be a gts-t replica

as far as registration goes it will just be a modified gts because the vin plates shows this

-Ruffels

gtr now? what the?..

well anyway, the difference between a turbocharger and a supercharger is that, the compressor on a turbocharger is driven by the exhuast gases leaving the engine...

the supercharger's compressor is driven by the engine crank via a belt.

Yeah I knew that mate, thanks anyway.

I said GTR because whats the point in doing up a stock GTS when it it will never be a GTST.

So the moral to the story is buy a GTR if you want perfomance.