SAU Community

Pod Filter In Airbox

BAILED

You would be better off putting an aftermarket panel filter in your airbox rather than think about putting a pod in one. The main problem being is that the air still has to flow down a restrictive passage (opening to airbox ) before it even makes it to the pod filter.

The reason pod filters are more effective than airbox's is that they have more surface area to allow more air to be pulled through and into the motor with less restriction.

As for legalities, pod filter's are legal modifications in all states (I believe so) and if you have any troubles just get a permit when (and you will due to it being a GTR) you get a defection sticker.

Edited by Baz

The panel filter on the VT V8 Commode fits the GT-R. Autobarn should be able to sell you one.

It is not too complicated a job to plumb in the stock airbox to larger cold air feeds. You can take the resonator off the bottom of it for starters.

Baz - before i can make it legal in any way i would have to drive 600km to a EPA test station so they can run a 15 minute test. i have to do that before i can get it engineered. yes thats what the cops want me to do so im trying to make it stock.