SAU Community

What is with cefiro owners always trying to fleece other cefiro owners for car parts?

some of the things i've seen are absolute ripoffs

i saw a dash trying to be sold for $600

here are a few things which are overpriced and give me the shits because ceffies are cheap automobiles and aren't made from gold

late model tail lights

late model grill

copy body kit moulds which are worth nothing

glass

panels

sunroofs

any accessory

im not asking sellers to lower their prices nor am i starting an arguement with sellers

but does anyone feel the same way as me that parts for a car pushing 20 years old shouldn't cost so much?

does anyone feel the same way as me that parts for a car pushing 20 years old shouldn't cost so much?

The older a car is, the harder it is to find parts for.

Especially cars which weren't sold locally.

Price is dependant on supply and demand.

If there is a big demand, and not many parts, people can charge as much as they want, you can choose to pay, or go without.

As a rule, antiques become more valuable with age.

Cars aren't that much different.

Youre just pisd cause you lucked out on getting the Late model lights from Kansai hahaha

I know Im going to have to pay heaps for a dash simply because theyre not available. Im not going to cry, just gunna have a whinge.

JK

no i got my lights cheaper than kansai, and they're s2 not s1, so i got lucky there,

ok, but the argument im making is, i see cefiro rolling bodies, no engines or running gear, going around on forums for $150 -$300, the entire car straight as a ruler, and they cost next to nothing,

as i said there's nothing i can do about it being supply and demand im just crying

like the peanut on the PROPPER SNICKERS ad

no shit, ppl just dropping the prices on their cars brings down value.. ceffys shouldnt cost less than a CA18 silvia

Especially really tidy exampes of them such as yours and mine. I'll never sell mine until Im fithy rich as some 18yo will say I'll give you $5k for it. Stuff that. Just need a few young wantabies to try to drift and bring the numbers of them back down.

Mr Eps, is there actually ceffy shells for $300 in NSW? id be pretty interested in something like that, if i can find the space to keep it.

I actually sold my cefiro this morning, only took me a week and no low ballers so i was pretty happy with the outcome.

Edited by matt25

dude please don't take my views the wrong way but there is a big difference between a type x 180 and a cefiro, cefiro's are in abundance over in japan, they are used as stunt cars in d1 in japan,

and i don't mean precision driving stunt cars, i mean they drive them over ramps and into a laurel, because it's funny to them.

in australia i can't act like that, if i could do everything i thought was funny i'd go to a movie theatre right now, buy my ticket and lay some doo-doo in the back seat, then sit there all day and wait until someone sits in it... squishhhhhh.... but i can't, i gotta go to work everyday and college and earn my keep, this point is irrelevant but i still find it funny.

all i'm trying to say is, cefiro parts (as someone stole said) are mostly moulded plastic.

In japan, cefiros are basically their commodores, sure they are treasured here, but they are worth a pittence for parts in japan.

I'm just crying cos like, we all converse to each other like we friends, but when someone has a rear ended accident that wasn't their fault? or if someone has their window smashed in a break in where is all the friendships then? they "let them" buy a c corner window for $200, or a rear bumber for $500 or whatever,

once again, no offence intended if my views are offending you but im just ranting

matt25 - there isn't any in NSW, but if you pm me we can share thoughts, maybe i can give you the info to hook yourself up.

put it this way - seieng as your in nsw - it's just next door :)

• 2 weeks later...

most parts needed are in front cuts... ive had my fare share of troubles with my ceffy, but still havent had trouble finding what i need. there are also heaps of doors at jap wreckers too... tail lights, rear 1/4's and full body kits are the hardest to get, they are the only parts with excuse for huge arse price tags on them...

dude please don't take my views the wrong way but there is a big difference between a type x 180 and a cefiro, cefiro's are in abundance over in japan, they are used as stunt cars in d1 in japan,

and i don't mean precision driving stunt cars, i mean they drive them over ramps and into a laurel, because it's funny to them.

in australia i can't act like that, if i could do everything i thought was funny i'd go to a movie theatre right now, buy my ticket and lay some doo-doo in the back seat, then sit there all day and wait until someone sits in it... squishhhhhh.... but i can't, i gotta go to work everyday and college and earn my keep, this point is irrelevant but i still find it funny.

all i'm trying to say is, cefiro parts (as someone stole said) are mostly moulded plastic.

In japan, cefiros are basically their commodores, sure they are treasured here, but they are worth a pittence for parts in japan.

I'm just crying cos like, we all converse to each other like we friends, but when someone has a rear ended accident that wasn't their fault? or if someone has their window smashed in a break in where is all the friendships then? they "let them" buy a c corner window for $200, or a rear bumber for $500 or whatever,

once again, no offence intended if my views are offending you but im just ranting

This is what i love about having a ceffy, I can talk to someone i have never met before and feel like i have known them for years !

I must agree though that prices are high, but it is a lot to do with postage from Japan. ie postage being more the tail lights :unsure: Speaking of rear ends i can offer my front and rear bars (stock) to anyone for <$50 cuz i dont need them any more (once my kit is fitted).

If a part is highly sought after it will always be expensive, but we can hope that there are more people like someonestolecc who arnt interested in making a buck.

My 2c.