SAU Community

Rb20 Misfire

browndog

ok well i have a cerfiro with an rb20det which has developed a intermittent misfire. It has had a miss for about 4 months but only at idle it would just miss a bit at the lights didnt really bother me, but now it misses while driving down the highway at 100k's, as if it is constantly missing on 1 cylinder, it makes the front of the car shake, it does it for a bit then goes away, then comes back. i changed the plugs and looking at the coil packs only 2 of them seem to have good electrode things coming out of the pack, the rest are burnt and worn away and number 6 plug had a bit of soot on it. so i figured it was that however i took the plug off each coil pack while it was running at idle and i can still hear a miss for every cylinder. I even took two lead off too see if 2 coil packs were missing but no it still misses. I changed the air flow sensor and it still does it. I pulled the codes out of the computer and came up with knock sensor and maf sensor error then i reset them and ran it and it wont register any codes now though sometimes when i rev the engine the check engine light comes on, but when i go to check the codes 55!?! cant figure it out, if it was the ignitor surely it would only miss on one cylinder unless it was the earth curcuit of the ignitor which i will check. Other wise i am thinking computer?? Tps wouldnt do it would it??

any help would be appreciated thanx. Dog