SAU Community

Mkiii 1jz Supra

anton86

These are very nice cars. Made from 1986.5 - 1993. There was an update to these models I'm not exactly sure when but it is around the 87-89 year. There is a few different models:

GA70 - 1GGTE engine. 2.0L, twin turbocharged, DOHC~210ps

MA70 - 7MGTE engine. 3.0L, single turbocharged, DOHC~230ps

JZA70 - 1JGTE engine. 2.5L twin trubocharged, DOHC~280ps

The 7MGTE engine is really a strong engine. All you will have to do is get a metal headgasket, and new head bolts and torque it down, some people tend to torque it down a little more than the specified torque. The factory torque rating was pretty shitty.

The 1GGTE engine, I had a mate who owned one of these and these are nice engines also. His was fitted with FMIC, Exhaust and a bit of boost and made 170RWHP. Internally these engines are really strong and will shine with a big single on it. There is also three different versions of this engine, the GEN 1 came with a water to air intercooler. GEN 2 ran more boost and an air to air intercooler. The GEN 3 engine ran more boost again and a more agressive tune, also an air to air intercooler.

The 1JZGTE engine, well these engines just have a reputation for themselves. I myself have owned two 1JZ powered vehicles. A JZA70 R and a soarer. The JZA70 R is the lightest of the supra's weghing in at 1550kg. There is other models which will weigh up to 1700kg with seat warmers, fully electric seat and stuff like that. The R supra came with bilstein shocks, momo steering wheel and knob, and also recaro seats as standard. I was very happy with my JZA70 R, it was drifted and held up to everything I could throw at it. The suspension was a bit soft for drift but as an everyday car it will be fine.

I hope this helps.

Adam