SAU Community

R34 Gt-t Standard Turbo

LouLou

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, will be doing a fuel pump... but not a 2nd hand unit (the workshop talked me out of that, with good reasoning such as "if the GTR had it replaced, ask yourself why"). Probably grab a Bosch 040 or 044.

Oil cooler will definately happen, once I go to MV Autos for the 'shift kit' acctuator valve body. That'll happen soon enough....

The GTR had it replaced because they were going for more hp than it could handle. There's nothing wrong with second hand GTR pumps, particularly later model ones.

There's nothing wrong with the bosch pumps you mentioned either - just cost more.

Ive searched out prices for forum members of $230 for an 040 pump, or $300 for the 044 pump. Is that expensive for a new upgraded fuel pump? I would have thought a 2nd hand GTR pump would be close to the $200 mark......

Id be happier to pay $230 for a brand new Bosch 040 pump, that'll be fine for my projected 4wheel power output, and would be good for another 80000kms. But then again, if anyone here has a good R33 GTR series 2 fuel pump for sale, drop me a PM.

Cheers, Brendan

• 4 years later...

If heat is the cause of turbo failure, what will using E85 as a fuel enable the stock turbos to boost to?

E85 burns hundreds of degrees cooler which means surely the turbo would be running at a lower temperature, ie capable of higher boost levels.

Anyone tried this?

• 2 weeks later...

lol i love this topic

i got my r34 gtt 4door manual about 3 weeks ago and the first thing i did was go on ebay looking for a boost controller,

but one of my friends said in stead of booting your standard turbo first up maybe look at the big three. SUCK BANG BLOW, so instead of buying a boost controller and boosing it im going to get the air going into the motor cooler (fmic) the spark stronger (better coils and spark plug) and get her farting better (split 3" dump pipe and hi flo cat) after i do all that and by then ill be use to the normal 5/7psi then i might up the boost,

but thanks to this thread i might consider changeing the oil cooler as well cooler oil means cooler turbo means safer to run,

• 2 months later...