SAU Community

How Often Do You Wash Your Car?

d00dz

Hi all Just wonderin I see so many performance cars around and they always seem to be very clean.

Now question is how often do YOU wash your car?

Concidering the water restrictions and all..

For me I try to wash it every 2 weeks (but lately it seems like when ever I do it decides to rain).

So how often to you wash it?

Also as a side, say how long you wax your car.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys abiding by water restrictions?

I have to say when I wash my car, I'm not.

However, I'm toying with the idea of going to those DIY wash places where you pay to use the water/soap hoses.

I've used Carlover's automatic wash before, and the results were surprisingly good. It's not cheap though - costs $10 for the basic wash.

I wash my baby once a week without fail... almost like a religious ritual. Can't stand to see dirt and paw prints on my car :( One or two SAU members here can vouch for the degree of cleanliness my car has?!?

Waxing - hmm say once a month?

once a week cose my best mate forces me to wash the car cose he cant stand filthy sports cars. He used to wash his show supra every 2 days and keep it in garage with 2 covers on top of it so dust doesnt get on! He wouldnt take it out if it was slightly dirty and hed winge about it for hours haha the guys a legend

who is good at washing cars? I'm crap at it. The GTR gets washed pretty much weekly, but at cyrstal not by me. The soarer gets washed less than that. the GTR doesn't really need it's not driven daily and is always in the garage.

I'd like to say once a week, hell even once a fortnight but i can't :lol:

With work and other commitments it hasn't left me with much time of late to do other things, but once i respray my boot and get the carbon fibre bonnet on then i will try and get it all pretty at least once a week.

As for waxing well i have been meaning to do that for the last 3 months (HONEST)

Cheers B

Whenever I get the chance, usually every 2 weeks. Although I do make an effort to get it clean if I know I'm going to leave it in the garage for a while. Cant stand the thought of the dirt sitting on the paint for a whole week or two.

I have only polished mine probably 4 times since I got it. Last time was 3 years ago.

d00dz, nice numberplate. The Toyota people will be looking twice at that one :(

Edited by Jordan

Wash every 1,2 weeks. Full detail every 4 months.

Keep the car under a cover everynight if it isn't dirty. A garage is being built as i type. FINALLY!!!

Edit: Using a bucket uses more water. The water board only say to use a bucket so people who can't be bothered using a bucket stop washing their cars.

Edited by Flaps