SAU Community

How Often Do You Wash Your Car?

d00dz

washes arnt to expensive these days

$25 a month aint bad

then when you get home you can do the polishing

Meh: I only work about 12 hours a week at the moment, so $25 is too rich :) Still, that good value considering you probably wouldn't get out of a full carlovers cycle with much change from $15-odd (plus your own labour/time obviously)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY I just washed my car today!...

Its nice and clean! Took about 45mins.... And two buckets

Same, washed both my cars. Got it down to an Artform using the buckets. Only takes about 20mins. But now I'm all shiny and I got nowhere to cruise to and no-one to hang out with :(

I wash the wheels like 2-3 times a week though.....does wonders for the overall "cleanliness" of the car...

Agreed

I wipe my wheels down every time I get home. LOL

Don't ya just hate it when someone gets the same wheels as ya ;) lol

...and hey you were supposed to sell yours!

For the first few years after I got my car (bought it new), I used to wash my Corolla once a week, but that was years ago when I used to have to park under trees, etc. and the car used to cop a lot of bird crap and tree sap.

Also, I was still in "New Car" stage, and as much as I'd like to still keep it looking clean (it still is in pretty good condition after 11.5 years of ownership) I really couldn't be bothered washing it myself, so now it's roughly once a month at the local car-wash - $15-25 isn't too bad considering they do a decent job and I KNOW that they're using water a lot more efficiently than I could for the results... I should make a note to have it done again this week, actually.

Also, what's the best ways of getting food and dirt stains, etc. off my seats and interior? Can anyone offer any suggestions? I was thinking of buying a steam cleaner, so is it worth it and will it work? I really want to get it looking neat for my satisfaction, and because I've had interest from someone willing to buy the car off me (which is a weight off my mind when I go for a new car). There are a few minor issues, such as that, which I'd like to get sorted out soon.

Cheers,

Nick T.

Mine gets washed at a Car Wash cafe every few weeks, while I sit and have a coffee and watch :)

Beats trying to do it with a bucket or trying to dodge the Sydney Water Police.

I wash my car once every week takes around 3 hours

i usually just clean inside, armour all, wash car then wax. is there anything im missing out on

my friend at work was telling me there was 3 phases of waxing any1 else know about that?

every week ...coz I have a leaky tap so I had a bucket underneath to collect water, it usually fills up by the weekend and the car usually collects a layer of dirt by then. didn't wanna waste water by tipping it out so I just use it to wash my car..