SAU Community

How Often Do You Wash Your Car?

d00dz

Hi all Just wonderin I see so many performance cars around and they always seem to be very clean.

Now question is how often do YOU wash your car?

Concidering the water restrictions and all..

For me I try to wash it every 2 weeks (but lately it seems like when ever I do it decides to rain).

So how often to you wash it?

Also as a side, say how long you wax your car.

Haha I haven't washed mine since I bought it - about 3 weeks ago! And it really looks it too. I've even got bird shit on the bonnet. Too busy and when I'm not, I'm either knackered or couldn't be stuffed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to get rid of that bird shit, it can do permanent damage.

I wash my car at least once a fortnight. Usually use car wash places as I haven't been able to master washing using buckets. I swear i need so many buckets I would use less water if I used a hose.

every week ...coz I have a leaky tap so I had a bucket underneath to collect water, it usually fills up by the weekend and the car usually collects a layer of dirt by then.  didn't wanna waste water by tipping it out so I just use it to wash my car..

How can you only use 1 bucket to wash your car?

If I use buckets I end up using 10 or more...which is why I just use the hose. It uses less water.

you can't rinse the car properly with just 2 buckets.

might as well get out some sand paper and scratch the car up....

lol i can :blink:

They are not the usual buckets..

I just splash water over the car and the soap goes away. Im using that meguiars soft wash thingy, in the pink bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

every week i wash it.

wax it about every 2 months. it says it lasts 3 or something, but its a little bit more money for a lot more self assurance. takes a while though. i just finished washing, cut, polish and waxing my chaser and mates supra. im f**ked. look nice though. too bad its about to rain and theres only one car hole. :(