SAU Community

How Often Do You Wash Your Car?

d00dz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to wash it like 1 per week but now it seems to have gotten to once per 3 weeks... Guessing commitments like everyone else. :P

WAXING???

My god never knew such things existed :lol:

Havent waxed mine ever

What is the purpose of that? to make it pretty and shhinnyyyy...

heheheh

:(

You all laugh at the water restrictions now ...but wait till we run out of water ....then what are you going to do!!?? ...

Mine gets washed whenever it rains ...i dont even have time to drive it let alone wash it ... :huh:

You all laugh at the water restrictions now ...but wait till we run out of water ....then what are you going to do!!?? ...

Mine gets washed whenever it rains ...i dont even have time to drive it let alone wash it ... :huh:

how do u keep the dust off when the water settles?

Wipe it down? but the dust will streak and scratch the paint?

Im not paying for a lack of water due to the governments poor planning. What about the water pipes that are constantly leaking due to poor maintenance from syd water?

Sydney Water are losing money because people are using less water, so they stick up the price for using less...

Im not paying for a lack of water due to the governments poor planning. What about the water pipes that are constantly leaking due to poor maintenance from syd water?

You will be when there's not enough drinking water left in Sydney, and it either has to be transported in from elsewhere or people compete for what's left.

Since water is a chemical that practically every living thing is physically addicted to, its not like you can just choose not to drink if the price of water starts matching petrol in its rate of increase.

Sure the government has f**ked up, but its just retarded to live by the mentality, "Hey, if other people are doing something that I know is stupid, then its OK for me to do it too". Australia's most popular car is the Toyota Corolla; if its good enough for the majority of the car-buying public, why don't you sell your niche-model grey-import coupe and park your bum in a Levin?

I wash my car as often as I can. I washed it twice last weekend, but before that it was about two weeks.

One of my mates has moved in to a relatively new apartment block, that has a car washing bay that recycles water. I just go visit him.

So not only can I wash my car under cover for a more spot-free dry, but I'm also not "wasting" potable water.

My car gets washed maybe once every three months. I swear that every time I wash the fscking thing it rains the next day (almost always after a long dry spell, so it deposits a heap of dirt too) :) It sits in a garage most of the time so its not a major issue.

I think people washing their car once a week are nuts, but that's just me. Maybe I value my time too much? :)

As for water restrictions, I always try to abide by the craptastic bucket thing, but its so retarded. A quick hose is so much more effecient than trying to accurately throw a buck of water over a car. Frankly, I don't think that restriction was designed to actually save water, but actively discourage people from washing their car by making it a hassle.

If I had a decent full time job I'd just pay for someone else to wash it every three or four weeks.

My car gets washed maybe once every three months.  I swear that every time I wash the fscking thing it rains the next day (almost always after a long dry spell, so it deposits a heap of dirt too)  :)  It sits in a garage most of the time so its not a major issue.

I think people washing their car once a week are nuts, but that's just me.  Maybe I value my time too much? :)

As for water restrictions, I always try to abide by the craptastic bucket thing, but its so retarded.  A quick hose is so much more effecient than trying to accurately throw a buck of water over a car.  Frankly, I don't think that restriction was designed to actually save water, but actively discourage people from washing their car by making it a hassle.

If I had a decent full time job I'd just pay for someone else to wash it every three or four weeks.

washes arnt to expensive these days

$25 a month aint bad

then when you get home you can do the polishing