SAU Community

Professional Cut And Polish

uneekwahn

I've got a bit of oxidisation on both the tops of my front quater panels and am looking for recommendations of a place to take it to to have a real good cut and polish done on the entire car to get it a bit ... tidier :)

Any suggestions or comments?

I spent 3 hours on Monday using meguiars paint cleaner and then crystal polishing it and only did the front quarters, bonnet and both doors. a big effort after an hour of washing it too :) and it didn't get rid of the oxidisation :)

Jason.

Jase,

Supercheap auto sell some products that I like to catagorise as "car care". Buy a good brand like Macguires, the full set so pre-wash, wash, polish and wax, obviously you'll need a cut and polish product as well, grab a rag, roll up those sleeves and do it yourself. Spend a good few hours, your arms will be in pain but the car will look shmicko :P

dave, I picked up a heap of meguiars stuff on Monday, paint cleaner, deep crystal polish and a few other bits and pieces, but the oxidisation is really stuck in.

I don't want to cut and polish it myself as I believe that a proper buffing pad on a drill or whatever would be the best way to go :huh: (plus i'm a lazy crunt).

kym, will speak to you more tomorrow mate :)

Vulcan panel and paint in canning vale did most of the work on my car. They de-badged my boot and removed the keylock (someone at work thought they would have a go at removing it but couldnt and left it hanging out). Last time it went in for the new front bar they gave it a cut and polish and it looked cool as. Give Sam a call if you live down that way.