If Defected - Please Read

The Dan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i wasn't sure if what i circled was the standard BOV cos thats what the cop was pointing to.. its not hooked up, (note the shiny bling blitz bov further down the inlet pipe :lol: )

f**k i dont need this right now, i'm out of town for at least 8 weeks in a row. how the hell do i find the time to get this sorted out??

Just remove the Blitz BOV and it is legal.

That is the standard BOV (air bypass control valve) that you have circled.

You should just be able to mount the guage lower...closer to the dash.

There is no law against POD filters. NO RULE WHATSOEVER.

in qld they will go over the entire car... they dont care about mis matched tyre sizes.. coilovers that do not meet ADRS (pretty much all of them) are illegal... dont worry about the steering wheel as along as its diameter is greater than 340mm...

As for the guy the said u can get fiberglass and carbon engineered.... not in qld without a great deal more trouble then simply getting it inspected.

Does anyone know the laws on incar dvd systems?

I'm wanting to get a 7" DVD screen mounted into where the head deck bit is and also a dvd & mp3 player underneath it.

What the rules based on having this in the car and also the rules on the dvd movie playing while driving?

From the mouth of my engineer who engineered these mods on my car:

*Gauges are allowed on the A pillar, he checked that they don't obstruct my vision so they passed, they are above the height of my steering wheel.

*The diameter of your wheels is irrelevant as long as the outside rolling diameter remains standard, however width changes are based on the weight of the car and the original rim size (somthing like 1.5" wider than standard is allowed on heavier cars and 1" wider on light cars).

*My front mount was covered in mesh for engineers, i did this to stop rocks etc but apparently some cops had been defecting people around here for having nasty sharp exposed intercooler fins, wtf....

*My coilovers were engineered no problems

*Major modifications such as an IRS conversion pass with ease provided it's a neat job with sensible mounting points etc.

i have been defected driving a mates car with a front mount that was exposed. the ruling is the same as the bullbar rule. if there is sharp edges exposed on the intercooler/bullbar then they are illegal bcoz if you hit a pedestrian it could kill them.

Edited by 85URK

I have exactly the same steering wheel as you and I didn't get in trouble by the cops that got me on saturday night. I have been driving this car for 6 months and this is the first time i've been defected.

exhaust too low to the ground

pod filter not secured

exhaust too loud

bov

no rear mounted brake light (WTF)

shouldn't be too hard to fix all that crap up.....have 2 months to do it in

Just got pulled over by the cops for an RBT. Passed that and then he saw my momo steering wheel with metal in the middle of it and decided to check the car out. He said he could fine us and marked on the defect notice 'Major Defect'. I now have to get the car inspected.

The issues he raised are:

- venting bov

- hole cut in primary structure for cooler piping

- larger than standard intercooler

- cover missing from air filter

- exhaust suspect compliance for noise/emissions

- steering wheel (metal in the middle and not large enough)

So has anyone else been done for these sort of things and what did Qld Transport have to say?

post-13958-1129289021.jpg

Edited by darren32

Well well well. We just had another look at Konrad's defect notice and guess what?!?!?! SAME F-ING COP!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who gets a defect notice from this guy but gets passed by Qld Transport should put in a complaint. But you'll have to get in line behind me.

hey guys.. one of the guys at custom carbon in geebung said their bonnets are legal (possibly have documentation too?) and do pass the destruction tests most bonnets going around arent 100% carbon fibre and therefore are illegal.. these bonnets are pretty expensive tho... but good to shut a cop down with for a change.. good luck everyone....f*%k the police!

Yeah, I just got word that Custom Carbon are about to have their paperwork finalised for this.....they said it should have cleared by now but has been tied up in red tape for some time. Their bonnets cost around $2000 so not exactly cheap but you get that for the real deal and for someone who has had to demolish 3 cars and 3 bonnets and pay for all the rest of the testing.

Should be very soon and they will be available.

I asked custom carbon back in january about ADR aproval and they said they were getting it next month (february) so i dunno how long it takes but im sure it isnt almost a year... Also on page 4 of that qld transport pdf "Powerchips are legal" as long as they apply with emmision rules! so does this mean unless you have a real bad tuner that makes you actually lose power and run richer, youre fine and legal!?

Does anyone know the laws on incar dvd systems?

I'm wanting to get a 7" DVD screen mounted into where the head deck bit is and also a dvd & mp3 player underneath it.

What the rules based on having this in the car and also the rules on the dvd movie playing while driving?

You will have no worries AS LONG AS the driver can not view any part of the screen whilst in a normal driving position.

Saying this if you dont have it on whilst driving it is fine.

But then if you have some 'driver aid' hooked up to it and the driver can view it then it is legal.

Driver aid being a reverse camera, closed circuit security camer/s, navagation program thingy.

There is a link on these forums to the adr's, but as all of them the reference a whole host of othere adr's so it will be a mammonth task to get them all.

Its good to hear a few companies are organiseing the ADR's but who'll insure them, i have just been knocked back after revealing i have a c/f bonnet, and before any clown says don't tell them you have it, i don't want to be paying a high premium only to have them cancel my policy when i make a claim because i withheld the info to start with. I'm checking an insurance broker today but still would be interested in hearing from others.

hey all, i have probably learnt more in the last few mins then i have in the past 2 weeks of school. so now i have a taste for learning i want it to continue!! jk..

i am yet to notice anyone ask about car audio. is this due to u guys growing out of an old car with a more expensive sound system? if so, could u please help me anyway. i was just wondering what the highest legal Db is on QLD roads. just curious, as this info is for a mate, who has a rolla with two 15's.. he was hittin 133 with his 10's, and hit 135 with his new ones using a scratched cd.. so we are yet to know what it can do.. and what it it in comparicent to the legal limit

thnx for any help

matt