SAU Community

If Defected - Please Read

The Dan

in nsw cops get around this limitation of powers by breath testing you every time they stop you. especially when they know they are going to go over your car or pop your bonnet for defects.

once they do the breath test they are clear to open/search what and where they like and you cant say shiat

Umm they do that in Queensland too...

Oh and on a side note I was breath tested the other week, was a RANDOM one setup just outside the valley, turning left to go to Bowen Hills (where that roundabout USED to be).

Anyway, about to let me through when the officer heard the exhaust...was about to go over the car until the Sgt said, forget it, looking at him its all legal (and yes it is, my mechanic does most of the QT inspections for Redcliffe and surrounding areas cause he knows the rules better than them...

So look like a nerd and you should be right (note I am glad I was still in work attire), but yes they do have the right to go over the car anytime.

Note, if you are PARKED in a car park then they CANNOT search your car without a reason. I had an incident a couple of years back at the Hypermarket at Aspley,long story, but in the end, the police asked me to pop my bonnet, I refused, they called QT, QT turned up 2 hours later (this is for a 2000 SSS with an exhuast wheels and lowered mind you), while two cops checked my REAR tyres and commented I must have been doing skids.

QT turned up (after a large Big Mac meal, thanks Wayne) and told the officer he was being rediculous, took one look at the car and told me to go home. Oh and also commented to the GENIUS ones looking at the rear tyres that it was infact FWD...the look on their faces was priceless.

The cops FOLLOWED me home, I sent a nice letter with the officers details and a complete detailed explanation of the events, including times, names,comments to the Boondall office, and he got nice desk duty for 3 months as my story matched the taped conversation...just so happens I also have friends there too, thats how I found out he got 3 months pushing a pen!!!

Edited by Bobjones

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, interesting reads guys since I'm (eventually - slowly) moving back to Brisbane. I'll point out now that my intent when I return is to do some work as a vehicle engineering modifications inspector or what they call VASS (vehicle assesment signatory scheme) in Vic so it is important to know the differences for both business and my own car ownership needs.

Just a couple of quick notes from what I have just read.

BOV must be fitted after the turbo to be effective. Also all engines must have a crankcase breather and it must be fitted before the turbo to be effective. Conclusion, crankcase gasses can be emmited from an atmo BOV but plod doesn't need to know that. The best fibs have an element of the truth. :)

Cutting holes in the body should be fine as long as they don't affect a structural member or sufficient strengthening has been added to maintain normal integrity.

For pulling a driver over they need a reason as stated earlier. Mandatory breathaliser does not fall into this category unless they witnessed driving consistent with being under the influence. If they ABUSE this IOT do an inspection then they are leaving themselves open to complaint and desk duty (good one Bob). I also have friends in Police services around the country from SA right around the eastern states to NT. They are good guys who have their reps ruined by a few tosspots so be nice initially and if they are said floggers then immediately ask for the recording and recommence the conversation.

Cheers and good luck with the inspection darren.

and how do we look like a nerd bob?? hehe

I wear a suit and tie to work, on this occassion I still had the tie on from a late meeting (trust me I hate the friggin things), plus I wear glasses to work,cause all this time looking at other peoples money and reading legislation, anc computers has made me blind!!!

Plus, I am a Forensic Accountant...and all accountants are nerds... :lol:

Accountants, with lawyers, are the natural enemy of the Engineer.....but they need a life too.

I wear a suit to work even though I'm a "uniformed" member of the ADF and the suit is much nicer :)

thanks for the info guys, its really good stuff to know. I get pulled over all the time.....got followed home the other week...again

skylines these days are like magnets......i also think the cops should be accountable for their stuff ups!!!

by 'followed home' do you mean by cops or some unknown person?

kinda scary if your getting followed home by someone you dont know...

as a precaution for all:

try to loose them, and whatever you do, don't go straight home. or your just telling the theiving bastards where to find the milk in the supermarket

I do a lot of counter tailing as well. I live in a quiet street with no through traffic so if followed it would be by a neighbour or someone with a reason to be there. So will often drag a following car around a few extra blocks and get them lost in the back rabbit warrens of the estate then bugger off through the poorly known back entrance.

Security gets stupid with a Skyline sometimes.

Technically I am like a lawyer accountant...and my brother is an construction engineer...

Funny thing is we have a similar personality...except he is a wanker and drives a V8

Well they either cancel out or you are doubly damned :(

And while I like my V8 soarer I have 3 skylines to atone for my sins.