SAU Community

Dotars Delays?

hey man, was just wondering:

1. with a test car, what do they do with it? Would the car be smashed and repaired and then complied??  i mean that is a weird thought because there have been thousands of  skylines brought into the country and DOTARS must already know the safety rating and stuff at the back of their heads. Why a test  car?

2 . what does "D.I." mean?

sorry for asking such basic questions,guys but i am kept in the dark from mycar and i am losing patience by the minute

1. The cars used for side intrusion tests are not the ones we are speaking of. The remainder of the tests are non destructive, so don't represent a problem. But each of the RAWS needs to present evidence of compliance with the relevant ADR's.

2. Discussion item.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO everybody!! !

wOO HOO!! After 2 and half months of waiting for the compliance plates to come, they came last friday.

The car goes into its next stage of registration ,detailing and speakers & alarm installation!That's another 2 weeks but guys, thank you for listening all this while and posting your valuable comments!!

Lesson learnt:

never ever bring a freakin JDM car to the shop in Mitcham Victoria. I will be getting the name of the workshop out . bunch of wankers

still have a question nouvo33, has your workshop ever complianced R33's before your one?

and congrats with the resolution of everything!! i CANNOT wait for the day i take mine to VicRoads to get some number plates... throw the f*cking finger to DOTARs

hello Ss gohan,

yeah apparently these wankers have been in the business a long time. I think they f**ked up internally.

guys,

i found something strange. My rear windscreen is not tinted now!!

i mean, when the car first arrived, it was tinted! does compliance require rear japanese tinting tobe removed????

tinting shouldn't be a problem with compliance, only if the front windscreen is too dark. Compliance doesn't require rear and quarter window tints to be removed.

The jap rear and quarter tints are damn dark, but for some reason aren't a matter for compliance.

well if your workshop is already compliancing R33's then you're in a different boat to djr and myself. We have our cars being used as test cars for our workshops, meaning they've never done Skylines before, or our respective models of Skylines.

2.5 months, when your car WASN'T a test car is f*cking attrocious... that's even too long to blame DOTARS, as far as i know, it doesn't take them that long to send a plate, even on worst case. Sounds like the workshop dropped the ball. But this is only if your R33 wasn't a test car for them, 2.5 months as a test is brilliant, that's real quick.

You should have brought this up to consumer affairs or something. Compliancing definitely takes shorter than that. Did you made sure they didn't bring your car out for a drive or something?

well my bro has been going to the damn place every week. :P

as my bro was taking the car to VICROADS for registration, the car kept breaking down because the battery was as dry as a dessert!

proves that it's been sitting there for 2 months not doing anything thing.

You know what? the compliance shop is a f**k-head place. You know why? Stupid wanker didn't complete the paperwork and this had caused VICROADS to reject the car due to insufficient documentation. So, my bro rushed down to the shop yesterday at 4.50pm. Being their fault did you know what the guy said??? "we're closing now and we cannot give you the document we missed out on". :)

Really great!! My bro had to go again to get the registration done today after driving all the way down to mitcham to the compliance shop this mornign for the document that they f**king left out. :angry:

I do not want to breach the rule in this forum of slandering any shop openly but IF ANYBODY WANTS TO KNOW WHAT THIS SHOP IS CALLED, PM ME. I SHALL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO LET YOU KNOW WHICH BLOODY SHOP TO STAY AWAY FROM!!!

guys, if anyone thinks I have no right to be pissed off with this shop, tell me.

well my bro has been going to the damn place every week. :D

as my bro was taking the car to VICROADS for registration, the car kept breaking down because the battery was as dry as a dessert!

proves that it's been sitting there for 2 months not doing anything thing.

You know what? the compliance shop is a f**k-head place. You know why? Stupid wanker didn't complete the paperwork and this had caused VICROADS to reject the car due to insufficient documentation.  So, my bro rushed down to the shop yesterday at 4.50pm. Being their fault did you know what the guy said??? "we're closing now and we cannot give you the document we missed out on". :)

Really great!! My bro had to go again to get the registration done today after driving all the way down to mitcham to the compliance shop this mornign for the document that they f**king left out. ;)

I do not want to breach the rule in this forum of slandering any shop openly but IF ANYBODY WANTS TO KNOW WHAT THIS SHOP IS CALLED, PM ME. I SHALL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO LET YOU KNOW WHICH BLOODY SHOP TO STAY AWAY FROM!!!

guys, if anyone thinks I have no right to be pissed off with this shop, tell me.

Mate,

give them a certain time to finish complying your car. Let them know if they fail to finish by then, you will have every right to lodge a complaint to consumer affairs. Keep this number 1300 558 181. By all means if you want, tell the rest of the guys where's the shop and its details please.

Mate,

give them a certain time to finish complying your car. Let them know if they fail to finish by then, you will have every right to lodge a complaint to consumer affairs. Keep this number 1300 558 181. By all means if you want, tell the rest of the guys where's the shop and its details please.

yeah i thought abt going to consumer affairs seriously but i figured one thing. These f**kers can go into the grey area of canberra being late on the compliance.The f**king shop is ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE IMPORTS in Mitcham,VIC.

DO NOT GO THERE.

Mate,

once i get the car back with the documents, i will see if there's more details i can disclose but by all means, pm me.

They have onviously not complied with the contract. I reckon you have good grounds to take it to another compliance shop. I would give DOTARS a call (be prepared for a wait) and ask them if you can change compliance shops. Maybe call some other compliance shops (for your model) and ask them what to do if another compliance shop fails.

:) Cheers :P