SAU Community

My Tuning Story

MYS013

Hey guys!

I just thought I would tell you all about my tuning adventures. This is not supposed to be about sledging workshops Im just sharing my experiences and expressing my thanks to Unigroup.

I own a Cefiro with a RB25DET, I started to reach the limit of the standard ecu so I purchased a Power FC.

I decided to give workshop x a go at tuning it. The day comes when I pick it up and I was quite surprised to find that it seemed worse then the stock ecu! I had flat spots from 1000rpm up to about 3000rpm, it would just not pull all the way to redline. It also backfired quite loudly and frequently.

I drove around with this tune for a month or so until I decided to pop into Unigroup to check the mixtures and get a power figure. I rolled on and rolled off with 133rwkw, I wasnt impressed at all, I knew it felt alot slower then when I had my standard ecu in. I had a chat with Yavuz and got his input, he assured me he could fix it. Today I go down and after a few delays and problems with the fc commander software, Yavuz started to work his magic, after a few quick changes it rolled up 170rwkw. After a few more changes I ended up with 187rwkw. Better yet I had no flat spots, it pulls all the way to redline and next to no backfiring! This was only after about 30 minutes.

I am very happy with what was essentially a quick tune, its completely transformed the car. I am extremely impressed with Unigroup and can't thank Yavuz enough for staying back to help me.

Here is the dyno sheet for anyone interested...

IMG_1185_resize.JPG

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share.

i reakon u should say who work shop x is

seriously, when people do good jobs they get a big thanx and everythink one the forum and people go there from what people say

if the shop isnt doin a good job tell people so they dont do ne tuning there

i reakon u should say who work shop x is

seriously, when people do good jobs they get a big thanx and everythink one the forum and people go there from what people say

if the shop isnt doin a good job tell people so they dont do ne tuning there

its not a good idea to say bad things about companies, as prank can take the blame for slander etc..

why keep it secrete?

hes only saying what the workshop did that he wasnt happy with

i know when i get my car back and im not happy i will deffintaly be telling others that im not happy with the people i was dealing with

and if i was happy i would also tell people

thats an excellent result, good work.

i think if anyone needs to know, he should just reply via PM, it may have just been a bad day for Workshop X. we all have them.

what mods do you have if you dont mind me asking mate?

Yeah sorry guys I dont want to bad mouth anyone or get anyone into trouble so if you want to know please PM me.

Mods were at the time of the tune...

3" turbo back exhaust

FMIC

Apexi pod

Power FC

Nismo fuel pump

Splitfire coil packs

I think thats it.

No power FC now unfortunately but I will be back soon and with another fc and a more indepth tune.

Edited by MYS013

why keep it secrete?

hes only saying what the workshop did that he wasnt happy with

i know when i get my car back and im not happy i will deffintaly be telling others that im not happy with the people i was dealing with

and if i was happy i would also tell people

Dude, it's not really that it's being kept a secret, but if the so-called "Workshop X" were to visit these forums, they can formally sue the owner of the forums for posting aledgedly inaccurate and/or slanderous information.

Basically, if they sue the owner of the forums, then we run the risk of LOSING THE FORUMS, and then we ALL lose.

Unfortunately we live in a world where this is a real possibility, and seeing as we don't want to lose the forums, we avoid putting it at risk in the first place.

If you really need to know which workshop this "Workshop X" is, then either PM the person or ask them to email you.

I'm sure others can add more information to this - there are some pretty heavy duty problems if we talk sh!t about a workshop.

I'm not taking a stab at you, just letting you know that we do things this way for a reason!

Nick T.

I don't understand this defamation rubbish...

If a workshop does a shit job and the customer comes on here and gives a factual recollection of what has happened, I don't know how that can be claimed as defamation. I also don't understand how it's possible that a workshop can file for defamation against a forum if all that's been said is the truth?

Take a look at Abo Bob's thread in the general discussion forum. I think he spells out the issue fairly clearly with some examples as well.

I know that linking bad workmanship to particular workshops is frowned upon on this forum...probably for good reason (hell, I'd want to minimise the risk as well). But, on the other hand, I don't know if it's necessarily right to withhold information about a particular experience with a workshop if it were to the benefit of other forum members?

I think the main problem with forums is that most opinions will usually be subjective and unfortunately that's where the majority of the risk lies. I think this is the main reason why negative comments about particular workshops probably won't see the light of day on this forum (for good reason).

Anyway, back on topic...

Very nice power curve mate, look like a good result :P

I can't believe there was so much difference between the original tune and the Unigroup tune though. The first tune must have been horrible!

i just feel its all hush hush when people do bad jobs and get away wit it thats all, maby not talk about it on the net but i wouldnt hold back on word of mouth 2 my freinds and others that need a good shop

anyway i will be goin 2 unigroup wit my power fc afta all my mods are done, they seem 2 be the go huh

Guys ECR033 is right on. If it is factual then there is no problem. MYS013 has shown a dyno printout stating which tune came from where. Workshop X would have to prove that MYS013 lied about the dyno sheet and that the statements were unjustified.

From dictionary.com - defamation is communication to third parties of false statements about a person that injure the reputation of or deter others from associating with that person.

Mate I would be grateful if you posted the name of Workshop X. You could save other SAUers from throwing away $400 for tunes that are not worth the expense. If you went to a restaurant and the chicken wasn't completely cooked, you could not be sued because you shared that info - it is not a false statement.

Anyway, sorry about the long post, my 2.2c

Mark

I do understand where you are all coming from but I just dont want to air it out, its just to be safe. Most people in this thread already know, if anyone else wants to know feel free to PM me, I would be happy to tell you. I just dont want to post the name publically just in case.