SAU Community

Side Skirts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-18577-1128599874.jpgpost-18577-1128599932.jpgpost-18577-1128599975.jpgpost-18577-1128600066.jpgpost-18577-1128600118.jpgpost-18577-1128600173.jpgpost-18577-1128600219.jpgpost-18577-1128600283.jpgpost-18577-1128600330.jpgpost-18577-1128600366.jpg

Your kit is in the hyper rev mag. It says" M's FACTORY" whoever they are.

OK.

Attached are some photos of 2 x Series 2 Stageas with different kits.

The gray S2 has a DAYZ kit (as identified by the DAYZ badge on rear), the white one has, what I believe, the Dolphin Aeroform. I am missing the front spoiler at the moment - being repaired. I have attempted to photograph both vehicles side by side for comparison sake.

You will notice the rear spoilers are different shapes also. Due to time constraints, and being too short one end, I did not manage to get a photograph looking down onto the spoilers for a clearer definition.

Regards,

Marc2

Ok, by the sounds of it ppl's arnt quite ready as yet, ie with cash and decisions.

I'll leave it for now, but make a couple of phone calls anyway to see who can take moulds and produce quality skirts. There are a quite a few places, but pretty much WAY out the other side of the city from where I live, although there are a couple of local places I can try.

I'll be off from xmas to february (paternity leave for the 2nd kiddie), so can do running around for people then!!! Unless ppl's order bulk kits in from Japan???

EDIT: I wont be getting any bodykit parts whatsoever, but if I can help ppl out then I will. :P

Edited by bwilkeson

Ok, by the sounds of it ppl's arnt quite ready as yet, ie with cash and decisions.

I'll leave it for now, but make a couple of phone calls anyway to see who can take moulds and produce quality skirts. There are a quite a few places, but pretty much WAY out the other side of the city from where I live, although there are a couple of local places I can try.

I'll be off from xmas to february (paternity leave for the 2nd kiddie), so can do running around for people then!!! Unless ppl's order bulk kits in from Japan???

EDIT: I wont be getting any bodykit parts whatsoever, but if I can help ppl out then I will.  :(

I'm ready, have cash, want Dayz side skirts.

:P cheers :)

Thought so SK,......

So, tell me what you'd like me to do?

See if I can get moulds made and 1 copy set made up?

Just that Ive got no contacts as such as Im not involved in the car industry (besides mod'n the Stagea!)

Or can Sydney bodymoulders be able to do the job? I had a full GTR-style kit made up for our old Pulsar N15 hatch about 5yrs ago, done in Sydney from one of the more-recognised manufacturers (JetSpeed?).....

BW

Your'e here (Adelaide) for Mallala arnt you Gary (SK)?

Maybe you might want to meet up with me somewhere in the city, I can Loan you my Dayz side skirts for you to take back to Sydney, make your moulds and skirts (Im sure you've got contacts) and then post my skirts back to me?

UPDATE

Made a phone call, going to see a proffessional company either tomorrow (Saturday 8th Oct) or the following Saturday.

They can make up a mould, which I get to keep, and make up however many sets are required, whenever they are required.

They have assured me that my car's Dayz side skirts bodykit wont be damaged, so Im aok with all of this.

This is for side skirts only, not the rear bumper skirts or the front bar. Also, I will say straight out that I dont want to be held accountable if purchasers percieve the replica side skirts to be of poor construction/condition etc. Im doing this as a favour to the rest of you (wonderful) Stagea owners.

I'll get some quotes and go from there..... and update this forum thread once I have more info.

WOW - now Im a bodykit seller!

Brendan

:P:D But its going to cost me for the moulds..... :D:P

I'll get prices and post it all up and you ppl's can make your decision from there. For it to be viable I reckon 5 sets would need to be made up, depending on the cost of the moulds.

Please confirm - is this what people want? Some sexy replica Dayz side skirts? I can confirm they look FANTASTIC on the Stagea, not too pimpy but yet not too constrained either.

Brendan

:P  :D But its going to cost me for the moulds.....  :D  :P

I'll get prices and post it all up and you ppl's can make your decision from there. For it to be viable I reckon 5 sets would need to be made up, depending on the cost of the moulds.

Please confirm - is this what people want? Some sexy replica Dayz side skirts? I can confirm they look FANTASTIC on the Stagea, not too pimpy but yet not too constrained either.

Brendan

ok ive decided ill be in for a replica set of dayz side skirts ASAP :P

i got cash and waiting, just need a rough price first :D

cheers

Brad

If I can tomorrow I'll get down to the shop and ask for a quote - but I dont see the point in paying that kind of cash ($600) for a set of moulds. Youd want 12 ppls straight away ordering a set of side skirts to make it viable.

Isnt it better for you lot (who want bodykits - Im fine, Ive got a Dayz!!) to buy a bulk lot from Japan and share the costs?

Brendan

If I can tomorrow I'll get down to the shop and ask for a quote - but I dont see the point in paying that kind of cash ($600) for a set of moulds. Youd want 12 ppls straight away ordering a set of side skirts to make it viable.

Isnt it better for you lot (who want bodykits - Im fine, Ive got a Dayz!!) to buy a bulk lot from Japan and share the costs?

Brendan

i cant see the jap genuine sideskirts to be anymore than $400 max i reckon + postage obviously.

i think the abflug ones are $250 or so

Personally I think I would be more comfortable with a genuine (plastic) set rather than fibreglass copies. To get the ball rolling I have sent out some enquiries to the usual Japanese exporters. I will try and set up a Group Buy on Dayz and Autech body kits. I will post up the progress as soon as it comes to hand.

:D cheers :blink:

Your'e here (Adelaide) for Mallala arnt you Gary (SK)?

Maybe you might want to meet up with me somewhere in the city, I can Loan you my Dayz side skirts for you to take back to Sydney, make your moulds and skirts (Im sure you've got contacts) and then post my skirts back to me?

Yep, I will be in Adelaide for the Improved Production Nationals from 11th to 13th November. At this stage it looks like I will be flying down, not Stagea driving. But I could always load stuff into the transporter.

Let's see how the Group Buy approach works first.

:D cheers :blink:

Personally I think I would be more comfortable with a genuine (plastic) set rather than fibreglass copies.  To get the ball rolling I have sent out some enquiries to the usual Japanese exporters.  I will try and set up a Group Buy on Dayz and Autech body kits.  I will post up the progress as soon as it comes to hand.

:blink: cheers :(

Really appreciate it Sk... :D

Well done SK,

Ive been to the moulder / fibreglass maker..... COST prices as follows:

Mould per side of side skirt only: $375 per side

Fibreglass 'Dayz' copy of mould: $250 per side

So $750 to get moulds made up, and around $500 per pair (could be cheaper if a large run happens at the same time, ie 10-off may be $450 a pair).

Plus shipping and cost of packaging..... not worth it in my opinion, the first 10 ppl's would be up for around $575 a pair plus freight.

But thats an option for what I can do on my end, from a reputable company.... hope that helps somewhat.

Brendan

I want that EGZART rear bumper, front grille, and side skirts :O

EGZART side skirts are $670

rear bumper is $766

no price on the grille ;)

front bumper is ok, but doesnt suit a large front mount cooler :D

stager.gif

Edited by StageZilla