SAU Community

R33 Sii - My Gt30 Upgrade Is Done. Lots Of Pics

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys.... its done. I've bolted the turbo back on...and it was a complete....

SUCCESS~!!!

I managed to take it for a bit of a run but its hardcause its pouring rain here and I can't hook up, but with little load cause its spinning, I am now reaching full boost at 3400rpm.

Starts spooling at about 2500rpm, and FULL BOOST BY 3400 f**kING RPM

great eh?

Car feels about 500000 times better. I just can't wait till it dries up and I can get some traction.

The shed we did the work in is a large circle so they can work on trucks and truck can turrn around in etc and its bitumen... So yeah... To celebrate, I cut some rings in the wet cause i was happy... oh and at full boost at 3400rpm... :D:):O

yeah, anyway, this setup really goes well now. LKike really really well. Just need a bit more boost and some better fuel and I should have as much power as I want..

so yeah - time for some "8" heat range plugs, a bit more boost, and some water methanol injection.

Any questions??

:O

f**ken happy right here...........

That's brilliant. I suspected it would liven things up a fair amount response wise. Let us know how it goes with the top end power. Hopefully the power won't "nose over" and die in the last 1000rpm.

What is full boost at this point?

How does it feel to drive? Progressive or coming on with a rush?

So its basicly a hiflow now..

No. Its a Garret GT30 Core, with a TO4S 7 blade 52mm trimmed wheel sitting in a .7 compressor cover.

The RB25 Exhaust housing is rated at .63, internally gated, ground out to fit the GT30 core. Far from a high fow.

yay!

gotta love response. So the big question now is: when's the tune?

Well, I'll go and see the tuner on monday and get it booked in, probably another week or hopefully it will be done by the end of the week.

I wonder if they completely stuffed the machining of the vg30 turbine housing, causing it to be a pos. ? :(

Maybe they overgroundthis one to make more top end and create less restriction? Apparently its a common technique, they overgrind to make room so that the housing doesn't become too restrictive.

That's brilliant.  I suspected it would liven things up a fair amount response wise.  Let us know how it goes with the top end power.  Hopefully the power won't "nose over" and die in the last 1000rpm.

What is full boost at this point?

How does it feel to drive?  Progressive or coming on with a rush?

Can't really tell the top end power, as all the power has dropped off a fair bit because I will assume the powerfc is using a completly different set of load points. ie, more air and a lower rpm means it will be lower down on the map earlier in the revs, and I doubt those load points have been tuned properly. I'll have to get it sorted.

Feels about 50 times better to drive, starts spooling at about 2700rpm and the boost guage rises so much faster, and 15psi at 3400rpm - 3600rpm.

But the power feels a little more progressive.

I'd assume this will be good for about 250rwkw until the housing becomes restrictive?

All I'm after :P

back to the plug issue - Does anyone see a problem with me skipping the "7" heat range plug and going straight to an "8" range plug?

I'm not sure what I should get, 7's or 8's.

Aiming for about 17psi and about 230rwkw until I can get the water methanol kit.

Don't want to kill my motor...

I don't think you will see some massive improvement just through a change in the heat range. Try one range cooler than stock. A set of copper plugs is quite cheap and if the results are promising, THEN try two ranges cooler. It's about balancing the compromise between improving high rpm/load ignition but avoiding plug fouling.

I've left the valley cover off my engine after shelling out for a set of Splitfires to allow them to cool. Also makes it much, much easier to access plugs. Downside is that if you wash down the engine you have to be very careful not to drown the coils.

yeah I wanted to do that, but they discontinued all of the copper range with the heat rating of "7" etc and only kept the platnium range. So if I want to change the plugs, its gonna cost me $20 per plug.

Sucks ass. I think they saw that one coming.

Wish I could source a simple $4 plug that fits a skyline and runs the "7" heat range