SAU Community

Falken Tyres Gtr @ Bathurst

homlie

Chasing photos of the Falken Tyres GTR & Maserati Shamal that competed in the Bathurst 12hr races. I have been told that I am wasting my time, but in these wonderful days of the internet, i doubt that is the case!

The drivers were Keith Carling/Bill Gillespie/Graham Neilsen

Chasing photos of the Falken Tyres GTR & Maserati Shamal that competed in the Bathurst 12hr races. I have been told that I am wasting my time, but in these wonderful days of the internet, i doubt that is the case!

Mate the only photo I have ever seen was published in the 1993 edition of Australian Motor Racing Yearbook. It shows the car after it has had a lose just over Skyline. The photo is accredited to Greg Taylor & Chevron publishing. Maybe you could email Chevron.

Alternatively, try www.oldracephotos.com (Maybe .au aswell, can't remember).

Other than that Auto fiction/Motorsport News may have something.

• 8 months later...
Old topic I know, but I believe a local car around here is claimed to be that gtr.

i think i was racing the falken gtr this weekend!

it is driven by brendan keenedy and i am sure he said it was the bathurst 12 hour car , it sure is still painted in those colours too!

cheers russell

p.s raced him at the wide bay sprints at maryborough

i think i was racing the falken gtr this weekend!

it is driven by brendan keenedy and i am sure he said it was the bathurst 12 hour car , it sure is still painted in those colours too!

cheers russell

p.s raced him at the wide bay sprints at maryborough

how was it Russell? what was the course like? worth doing next year?

i heard people talking before the event that they expected the road to break up.

what's your next event? I'd like to come and have a look at your beast in action sometime!

Yeah I saw it out there. Seems legit now I have seen it.

Have a few pics too. I just remember reading this topic a while ago and brought it back to life.

What were you driving at the sprints? The other black r32? gtr?

how was it Russell? what was the course like? worth doing next year?

i heard people talking before the event that they expected the road to break up.

what's your next event? I'd like to come and have a look at your beast in action sometime!

hi harry

it was great!! it was really well run and everyone got nine runs!!

definately worth doing if you get time, it's great little course too.

the camping and amenities are great all powered sites & water, and clean amenities.

hats off to the organizes. stones were coming off the back section a little but was nothing to worry about.

next event is Dutton Queensland in about fooour weeks, if your arond make sure you come say hello.

cheers Russ

p.s yeah i was in the black gtr that won, but mark outdrove me again!! :D

I heard a rumour you won the Gatton Sprints a couple of weeks ago, great results, well done :happy:

CRAP!!!! I missed it again?? It is my childhood home town and all! And now by a cruel twist of fate I work there too! How the hell did I miss it ? lol Oh well next year!!!

• 1 year later...

I know this is a super old topic, but I just had to post in it seeing as I own the GTR!!

this is me at gatton 2007

post-13495-1206960464_thumb.jpg

I know this is a super old topic, but I just had to post in it seeing as I own the GTR!!

this is me at gatton 2007

post-13495-1206960464_thumb.jpg

That looks awesome mate!

Hot as!

Brendan, there are a few spots left for Time Attacks sprints at Lakeside this Saturday. If it is quiet enough you should give it a hit out.

I'll be there!

I sound tested it today & came in at 90.6 db so I'm all good to go.

Are you going too?